Drag Racing Night..

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just threw together a video of the local streetdrags and thought I'd share. They have "grudge night" every thursday and I videotaped some of it. There is another local now with a 2000 gts who was out racing the other night. I was really suprised that I was able to beat him on one of our runs. On 3 runs, he beat me once by a carlength, I beat him by half a carlength and then he beat me by a car and a half or so when i had a passenger. I also got a nice lesson on how much weight can play a role.. I took a friend who videotaped my last run and it slowed me down significantly (280lbs+ of extra weight). Anyways, Hope you all enjoy. ;)
You must be registered for see images

Download the Video here... Street Drags All in all, I was pretty happy for doing so well against a newer Viper.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fun video. Thanks for posting.
Are there any times, or is it just a "first car across the 1/4 mile finish line" event?

YELL03

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice vid - Thanks for getting my day started off right!

280lbs - That just cost you 2-3 tenths.

Howard

OP
OP
R

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The grudge nights are pretty much line up against whomever and try and beat them.. no timeslips, but at the same time, they don't kick you off the track for running too fast. As long as the car is street legal, it can run. The GTS is stock to my knowledge and just got back from getting the front end rebuilt. My RT has had exhaust and filters/smooth tubes changed.. so not much done to it (yet). I'm hoping the GTS comes out to our autocross tomorrow. I'd like to see how it runs.

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome Vid for sure. And your dead on about the weight, the less of it the better. With about 500+ less pounds a properly broken in stock Viper would see mid 11's with a good launch no doubt. Again great vid and thanks for sharing :2tu:

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like you might have a 3.55 gear. Definately pull harder at the start than the GTS.