Drag radial tire too!

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you run a drag radial tire on 18 inch factory wheels on the rear with factory Pilots on the front. Also if you can, would there be a limit to speed and distance ?

2002_red_gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol yes you can run a nitto or a BFG 335 on the back just know thAt due to the compound you would be lucky to get 10k miles out of them. Yes you can run whatever tire you want on the front with them. Ps2 are fine

OP
OP
M

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is always a smart ass in the bunch. I asked the question because I remember a while back talk about mis matched tires not good idea. I run ET Streets and skinnies for 1/4. Hoosiers for road racing. First time I have had street tires on in a long time. I forgot how bad the Pilots were on the rear. Basically looking for stickier tire for rear and wanted to know any big deal non matching front to rear. Are the PS2 a much better tires getting thru 1rst and 2nd gear from a stop ? Maybe Frog gets it now that its spelled out.

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is always a smart ass in the bunch. I asked the question because I remember a while back talk about mis matched tires not good idea. I run ET Streets and skinnies for 1/4. Hoosiers for road racing. First time I have had street tires on in a long time. I forgot how bad the Pilots were on the rear. Basically looking for stickier tire for rear and wanted to know any big deal non matching front to rear. Are the PS2 a much better tires getting thru 1rst and 2nd gear from a stop ? Maybe Frog gets it now that its spelled out.

No... just gotta run slicks man, I'm tellin ya.

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol yes you can run a nitto or a BFG 335 on the back just know thAt due to the compound you would be lucky to get 10k miles out of them. Yes you can run whatever tire you want on the front with them. Ps2 are fine

Yes, I ran the BFGs on the back for a long time with the stock ps2 on the front. No problems just realize that the bfg sidewall flex does limit your cornering ability. I run the Nitto NT05 19" drag radials now which I like a hell of a lot better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456