Drifting - FormulaD and MOPAR in Washington

OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the format issues, please try this one.
===================================

The race teams are in town and the dinner with the drivers is tonight! Due to a couple of last minute cancellations there may be a couple of spots available, you can email/call Janet or me if interested.

For those that will be attending the drifting event on Saturday, July 14 here is the timeline.

7:30 am Meet at Maltby MotorSports in Woodinville for coffee, juice and donuts

Maltby MotorSports
14301 NE 193rd Place
Woodinville, WA. 98072
http://www.maltbymotorsports.com/

8:30-8:45 am Meet at main gate of Evergreen Speedway

9:00 am Have cars completely parked, cleaned, organized for photo opportunities prior to public entrance to the event.

10:00 am Drivers may be available for autographs and pictures as they prepared for practice.

11:00 am Gates Open to the public

12 noon, event start

7 pm - Event is over (probably earlier but that is listed as the end time on the web page)

Q9) Where is evergreen speedway?
A9) Evergreen Speedway is in Monroe Washington, the address is:
Evergreen Speedway
14405 179th SE
Monroe , WA
www.evergreenspeedway.com

Please call me with any questions.... 206-799-8006

James

Here is some drifting information that I created to help alleviate questions, even though it is 3 weeks away, I know people want more information, so here is a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) with answers:

Q1) Will there be security for the cars at the event?
A1) Yes we have made arrangements to have at least one person, more likely two people that will watch the cars while we are at the event.

Q2) What is the cost for me to bring my car if I do not bring a passenger?
A3) Each car entry fee of $50 comes with two entries (last year these were all access wrist bands) if you only have one person you may want to team up with someone else who needs an extra ticket. Normal admission is $20 plus a $2.75 service charge so if you do not wish to pay the extra money and can not find a second party to use your ticket, then you may want to forego parking with the club and get a single ticket from the web page www.formulad.com[

Q3) Why is the rate $50 per car?
A3) Because the organizing group of this FormulaDrift event has rented the facility and has determined that to allow car clubs car space incurs an incremental additional cost. They have tried to minimize this cost but have asked for our help in doing this by requiring that every car comes with two tickets, no more, no less.

Q4) Why do we have to pay in advance for the drifting event?
A4) The organizer has requested we pay two weeks in advance, with that prepayment he would be able to re-allocate spots we were not able to fill and maximize the amount of revenue for the space. We have informed him that much like last year we will fill our spots and as such have been given a small time extension in paying but do still have to pay in advance for the event.

Q5) How many parking spots are available?
A5) We have a total of 15 spots reserved for the Viper Club, other SRTs and VIPs of Maltby MotorSports (MMS).]

Q6) Why other SRT products?
A6) This year defending champion Samuel Hubinette (www.toxicdrift.com) has switched from his championship winning a Dodge Viper SRT-10 to a Charger SRT-* and his new teammate Chris Cook is driving the Viper, so it only seemed fitting to team up SRTs with Vipers for the event.

Q7) My son or daughter is considering attending, will they need a ticket?
A7) All adults and kids over 5 will require a ticket to attend the drifting event.

Q8) What are the hours of the event?
A8) We do not have all of the details for the event schedule at this time, last year's event schedule was as follows:
7:30 am Met at Maltby MotorSports in Woodinville
8:00 am Met at gates at Evergreen Speedway
9:00 am had cars completely parked, cleaned, organized for photo opportunities prior to public entrance to the event.
10:00 am Drivers were available for autographs and pictures as they prepared for practice.
11:00 am Gates Open to the public
12 noon event starts
7 pm - Event is over (probably earlier but that is listed as the end time on the web page)

Q9) Where is evergreen speedway?
A9) Evergreen Speedway is in Monroe Washington, the address is:
Evergreen Speedway
14405 179th SE
Monroe , WA
www.evergreenspeedway.com

Q10) To whom do I RSVP?
A10) Janet McCracken is taking the RSVPs and money at Maltby MotorSports, you can contact her via email ([email protected]) or ask for her to call you back when you leave a message after hours at the MMS shop 425-481-1706.

Q11) Why do we have to be there so early if the event doesn't start until noon?
A11) Part of the added benefit of our passes is that we can get in early along with the vendors setting up, but because some people may need to cross the race track or limited access areas, everyone who wants to gain entrance and be assured a parking spot should be in line at the gate at 8:45am.

Q12) What if I need to leave early?
A12) There will be a way for us to let cars out that must depart early but we may need to wait between sessions depending on where we are parked.

Q13) Can I attend this event without going to the Thursday dinner with the drivers?
A13) Yes, the two items while both related to the FormulaD drifters, MMS and the Viper Club are independent, you may attend either or both, subject to availability, RSVP and prepayment.

Q14) Who should I contact if my question wasn't answered on this list?
A14) You can send an email to James Retych at [email protected] or Janet McCracken at [email protected]

Maltby MotorSports and the Viper Club of America – Washington region invite you to Dinner with the Formula D Drivers and Team Mopar.

Thursday, July 12th - 7pm
Redhook Brewery , Woodinville

Up close and personal with Samuel Hubinette, 2 time champion and Chris Cook, former NASCAR driver.

Tickets are only $35/pp - Only 40 spots available
Reserve your spot today, prepayment required!

RSVP to [email protected]

……………..…..But Wait…..There’s More!!!!..............
Formula D’s Drifting Competition
Evergreen Speedway In Monroe[/FONT]

Saturday, July 14th
Convoy with us and park in our own car coral INSIDE THE GATES at Evergreen Speedway. Your car will be on display and secure while you relax and watch the drifting or mingle with the top drivers and vendors.

VIP Tickets for this event are $50/car
(includes tickets for driver AND passenger) and must be purchased in advance. [Deadline for RSVP 7/6, deadline to pay is Thursday, July 12th / VISA AND MASTERCARD ACCEPTED
425-481-1706 - Maltby MotorSports (MMS)
RSVP to [email protected]

:drive:

Last edited:

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a few photos from the Drifting at Monroe Speedway - July 21,2007:

Club Cars:
Drifting_009.jpg

Drifting_030.jpg

Drifting_036.jpg