• YES Tail Of The Dragon Weekend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO But another weekend (Saturday)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to gauge the interest in having a 'Dyno Day' in Knoxville during the Tail Of The Dragon event either Friday or Sunday. I'm not sure what else is already planned for these dates.

If not that weekend maybe another time if there is enough interest (probably 20 minimum). Cost will be minimal possibly $0 and I was going to set up a grille and cover the cost of food and drinks (no alcohol allowed onsite).

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there'll be TOO much going on to try and squeeze this in on T o D weekend. I suggested this in another thread concerning a T o D cruise in the fall. Better temps too :2tu:

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dyno Day is a good idea! I do know that Friday & Saturday have a maxed-out schedule. There is interest in a Fall meetup again in that area, but the AL/TN membership in general hasn't discussed it. The problem is that we are migrating downward as the year progresses to cover as much of our region as we can, so there won't be another scheduled Knoxville-area regional event unless it's the Christmas Party.

We could see if there were enough interested parties for the Sunday of the Dragon and schedule accordingly. It is fortunately on the way home for most people and a semi-early start should get people home in time to rest a little. If the interest isn't high enough, we can do another Fall Dragon run, but it would be more of an opportunity to get together than a full-fledged event (although there will probably be a good turnout)....still a ways off for that though.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think Tony and Ashley will ever live that down. I'm glad I wasn't involved.

That's right. If I remember correctly, you were in your hotel room reading a book. Something about "How to be a Better Person for Yourself, Your Friends, and the Environment" (or something like that :D)

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fall probably won't work for me. It would have to be before Labor Day. We could also do a Viper/Vette challenge. They are always up to a challange. The ones I know aren't afraid to dyno their cars. Let me know.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's right. If I remember correctly, you were in your hotel room reading a book. Something about "How to be a Better Person for Yourself, Your Friends, and the Environment" (or something like that :D)

You are very correct sir. Luckily I brought that book to read since the cable was out and I couldn't watch C-Span as originally planned. Without that book, I may have been led into temptation by the delinquents known as Tony and Ashley.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of T o D, isn't it about time for Tony to show his ugly mug around here and start making slanderous statements against me, all while trying to mask the man crush he has on me?

Some unfortunate news !! I had to replace your and Ashley's rose bushes there at the guest house door this weekend.

I think "someone" (sometwo) pe'ed on them....or as you and Ashley would cal it "SWORD FIGHTING" :crazy2:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fall probably won't work for me. It would have to be before Labor Day. We could also do a Viper/Vette challenge. They are always up to a challange. The ones I know aren't afraid to dyno their cars. Let me know.

How about a dyno and drag racing weekend against the Corvettes? And last time we did the Fall Foliage run in Oct, the colors were outstanding :2tu:

If nothing else, I may just go up there and kill a week driving around :2tu:

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about a dyno and drag racing weekend against the Corvettes? And last time we did the Fall Foliage run in Oct, the colors were outstanding :2tu:

If nothing else, I may just go up there and kill a week driving around :2tu:

I can probably arrange that if there's enough interest. Maybe 10 Vipers and 10 Vettes. I can get the dyno for the day and probably into the evening.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4