e-bay GEN III

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
48k for a 10,000 mile 2006 with 10 spoke wheels, is not the steal of the century.. Its a tad high to be honest. low-mid 40's would be right on. Thats assuming its clean, all original paint.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
were'nt the Red/Silver ones Skip Barber cars.. and beaten all to holy-hell!!!

Some were, but not all. If interested in this viper have a dealer pull the vin info, SRT cars were first registered to chrysler corp and on the few I've checked they were prepped at a Dodge dealer in Sebring, Fl.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No RESERVE????:lmao::lmao::lmao:

A starting bid of $48,000 sure sounds like a reserve to me:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I hate it when people list things stating "No Reserve" yet have a high starting bid. What a crock of S#$%:bonker::bonker:

If you are going to TRUELY sell something "no reserve", be a man and have the balls to start it at $1...:headbang::headbang: Otherwise, drop the BS "No Reserve"

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hate it when people list things stating "No Reserve" yet have a high starting bid.

I don't mind that. No hidden reserves. The buyer can walk away without having to look back. Respectful!

I really hate auctions that look interesting until it turns out the undisclosed reserve is truely ridiculous (sometimes way more than street price). What a waste of time to have to follow the auction to find it out... :crazy2:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looked that way on the surface... 30k miles on a Gen3 is different than 30k miles on a Gen1 or Gen2 from what I can see after a couple of months of searching now. Many more Gen3s as daily drivers...

Thats a clean coupe. Good color combo.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have no problem buying a Viper with those kind of miles (especially not an SRT).

Looked that way on the surface... 30k miles on a Gen3 is different than 30k miles on a Gen1 or Gen2 from what I can see after a couple of months of searching now. Many more Gen3s as daily drivers...

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it's a steal, but I don't think it's way over priced either. Not knowing the car shouldn't that be about the right price for a gen III with reasonable miles? 30k miles is not really that much. Just that there's so many out there that seem to never be driven and have under 10k. That's a shame in my eyes.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 03 had 30K miles on it when I traded it for an 08. The thing you notice most about the mileage is the additional wear and tear the paint takes behind the wheels and under the nose. You also have an increased chance of small nicks in the paint or windshield from flying stones. The more you drive it the higher the probability of this kind of damage. My 03 had the sand blasting effect behind the wheels and it was more pronounced on the windshield than the 06 I have with half the miles. That's why in my opinion the lower mileage car is worth more than the higher mileage car. Mind you, I agree by all means drive the sucker. But if you are buying a used one, go for a lower mileage car over a higher mileage car.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My observation while shopping now is that 30k miles is a lot for this type of car and 30k+ does seem to take it's toll on the resale value. There are cars with far less miles that have had major repairs and cars with more miles that have been pampered but there seems to be perception once a Viper has 30k miles and it affects the price.

My 03 had 30K miles on it when I traded it for an 08. The thing you notice most about the mileage is the additional wear and tear the paint takes behind the wheels and under the nose. You also have an increased chance of small nicks in the paint or windshield from flying stones. The more you drive it the higher the probability of this kind of damage. My 03 had the sand blasting effect behind the wheels and it was more pronounced on the windshield than the 06 I have with half the miles. That's why in my opinion the lower mileage car is worth more than the higher mileage car. Mind you, I agree by all means drive the sucker. But if you are buying a used one, go for a lower mileage car over a higher mileage car.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd rather have a car that was driven, and maintained regularly, than buy a low mileage car with original parts/fluids/hoses potentially waiting to fail and needing to be replaced.

Same thing goes for TSB's. (technical service bulletins usually covered under warranty, but after the warranty expires $$ to get resolved)

A car that is driven, the owner most likely is going to find any get fixed any problems while the car is still under warranty, vs. a garage queen.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't mind that. No hidden reserves. The buyer can walk away without having to look back. Respectful!

I really hate auctions that look interesting until it turns out the undisclosed reserve is truely ridiculous (sometimes way more than street price). What a waste of time to have to follow the auction to find it out... :crazy2:

+1. I think this is a legit no reserve auction. A reserve auction almost always deters bidding on my part. At least with this auction, I know that $48k will win me the car if I'm the only bidder.

My pet peeve is $1 auctions that have no intention of selling... only using Ebay as an advertisement for a retail sale.

No reserve auction with a price floor :)

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather have a car that was driven, and maintained regularly, than buy a low mileage car with original parts/fluids/hoses potentially waiting to fail and needing to be replaced.

Same thing goes for TSB's. (technical service bulletins usually covered under warranty, but after the warranty expires $$ to get resolved)

A car that is driven, the owner most likely is going to find any get fixed any problems while the car is still under warranty, vs. a garage queen.

I'd still prefer a lower mileage car if I were buying used. Mind you I do believe that most failures will occur early in a car's life but we are talking about cars that have 10K miles on the clock. Infant mortality failures would have likely occurred by then. As mileage increases so does wear and tear on paint and other components. Recalls are still covered though even if the car is off of warranty which virtually all Gen 3s are. One thing to look for in any used Viper is the extended warranty. These can be transferred in a private sale and are worth extra in my opinion. They can often still be added to low mileage cars as well.

In any case, mileage, condition, and color often determine the market price. A Blue/White First Edition is worth more than a comparable Red/White or Red/Silver assuming the same mileage and condition. A low mileage car is generally worth more than a higher mileage car. The question is how much is the difference in price and is it justified based on condition, mileage, or color.

OP
OP
N

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the feedback !

It is my car. $48,000.00 buys it !

The car was from Florida. It had a very late in service date so the manufacturer's warranty is valid until (I believe) August 2010.

I took possesion of the car Jan. 30, 2009 with approx. 3,000 miles on it and it now has 9,400 miles on it.

It came to me with clear bra so it isn't beat-up.

I drive my cars.... No real mechanical issues, only had to replace a vacuum hose which was covered under warraanty.

I am motivated to sell and have a standing offer for slightly less. If I can firm up on the car I am intending to buy I will cancel this sale and accept the standing offer. That is why "I reserve the right to cancel at any time".

I have had alot of fun with the car and will not be crying if the sale and purchase don't work out. I personnally like the color combination and have found it to be a real eye catcher where-ever I drive it. This color combo photographs well and it isn't as hard to take care of as some darker colors. I am looking at stepping up to a newer model and gain some horsepower etc. without having to modify the 2006 to get there.

Thanks for looking !

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That was my line of thinking when I bought my 2008 SSG 'vert with 7k miles. "Socrates" had put in the seat time to work out any bugs it might have had:2tu:

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I think you missed my point. The "attract" feature of No Reserve should be used for items that the seller will let go at whatever it ends up at IMO. Doing what the OP did and having the high starting price contradicts the whole No Reserve mentality, because he DOES have a minimum he wants for the car, $48K. I agree with you that reserve auctions with an absurd reserve are a waste of time, and I also will tend to not bid.

A seller can be totally respectful as you appreciate by doing a listing with a starting bid at his minimum, as the OP did, and get the same result. I just feel the TRUE intention of No Reserve doesn't apply to high starting bid auctions. Just my $.02

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The funny thing about that is, he should be happy if an auction ended up at 48k...

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you missed my point. The "attract" feature of No Reserve should be used for items that the seller will let go at whatever it ends up at IMO. Doing what the OP did and having the high starting price contradicts the whole No Reserve mentality, because he DOES have a minimum he wants for the car, $48K. I agree with you that reserve auctions with an absurd reserve are a waste of time, and I also will tend to not bid.

A seller can be totally respectful as you appreciate by doing a listing with a starting bid at his minimum, as the OP did, and get the same result. I just feel the TRUE intention of No Reserve doesn't apply to high starting bid auctions. Just my $.02

While I agree with you 100%, it is HIS/HER car. If it is too high, it won't sell. If it is priced right it will. Just let it be. He/she is obviously trying to sell it thus using "advertising lingo" to accomplish such task.