E brake handle travel

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have Daves big brake kit on my car. To hold the car, the e brake handle needs to be pulled up to a point that it always pulls the boot partially out of place at the front. No biggy but it ****** me off. Reading the manual, appears there is no adjustment. Can't find my install instructions for the e-brake caliper that came in the kit but it doesn't appear to have any adjustmet to help this situation.

Suggestions?

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The handle should auto adjust. There is a ratchet mechanism built in to the handle assy. You might check to see it the spring is still in place. I've seen them slip off, and there goes the auto adjustment.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your handle travels higher because you changed the routing of your cabling. If you correct it too much the emergency brake will rub during normal driving. Keep in mind the emergency caliper is a free floating caliper and that moving it physically moves the caliper. I have installed this kit on my car and on another car last weekend, same issue.

OP
OP
A

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your handle travels higher because you changed the routing of your cabling. If you correct it too much the emergency brake will rub during normal driving. Keep in mind the emergency caliper is a free floating caliper and that moving it physically moves the caliper. I have installed this kit on my car and on another car last weekend, same issue.

By "moving "it" you mean the cable?

So, it is what it is;live with it?

colo08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are a couple of things to check to make sure the Parking brake caliper are install correctly.
1. Check that you do not have more than .01" clearance between the inside pad and rotor. The adjustment for the inside pad is set by the adjustment nut located in the center of the caliper at the top.
2. Now check the clearance of the outside pad to the rotor, if more than .02, adjust the cable-end adjuster nut. This will take out some of the excess cable. Note that when you adjust the cable you will need to go back and re-check the inside pad clearance. It's a pain but once you have them dialed in you will be set.
3. Make sure you have re-routed your cables as listed in the instructions. If you can not find your instructions, a PDF version is located at this link: http://www.ipsco.org/Viper_files/ViperBrake Rev E.pdf
4. If you still have a problem call IPSCO at 303-252-4481

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By "moving "it" you mean the cable?

So, it is what it is;live with it?

Colo08 has installed them on more vehicles then I have and is the designer of the kit. In my experience on both vehicles even if you get it adjusted really well the handle still comes up pretty high.
Both cars I have done hold the car still after 4 clicks and go up to 7 or 8 clicks.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the kit and mine pulls up real high too. It holds fine, just pulls up high. I just deal with it.;)

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine did pull up high.... After speaking to Dave himself we found swapping the small triangle section where the cable adjuster is atached from left to right made a HUGE difference..... Its held on via three screws..

Saying that mine was one of the first kits....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R