Ebay clutch Kits

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi,

My local Viper Tec mentioned that the ebay Viper clutch sets are factory seconds, and that he's seen that when installed the pressure plates are hard (not easy to push in the clutch like a factory one).

I did a search on here and see that quite a few folks are getting their clutch kits from ebay.

Anyone have any comments on this?

Thanks,
Cal

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine seemed to work fine. The only issue I had was the alignment tool provided was for the wrong bearing diameter.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same as Viper SRT; good price, quick delivery, looks the same as OEM I took out, performance is fine/same as OEM, alignment tool too small. I'd recommend it.

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pressure plate gets hard to push after a while on all of them. The heat does it. Cheers

OP
OP
C

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

My clutch doesn't slip or anything, and all along I thought it was fine, but my Viper tech mentioned that the pressure plate was faulty as the peddle was hard to depress. I had an 89' Saleen w/a cobra clutch and it was hard to depress the clutch from day 1, so I thought (not having driven any other Vipers prior to this one) that it was normal to have a harder clutch (easier then the Saleen actually). My Viper Tech is telling me the clutch peddle should be as easy to depress as a Honda Civic, and that if left unchanged it'll just get harder and harder, and ultimately could cause other issues (broken clutch peddle, fork, etc).

Thanks

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please explain why heat would make the clutch stiffer. The multiple coil springs (and there are about a dozen) are like little valve springs; even on top of the heads, they rarely fade. In back of the engine, there is less heat. Even if they did get affected by heat, they would soften, not stiffen. What am I missing?

4207henri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine works great too off of ebay for around $200, and it has been over 20,ooo miles too!!!

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF you get the Luk kit, do yourself a favor and also get:

1) MOPAR pilot bearing (needle bearing, not a stupid ill-fitted bushing like comes with the kit)
2) Slave cylinder -- just do it :)

Mike

OP
OP
C

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
fletcher thanks for the suggestions. Would you happen to have the Mopar part#'S for the MOPAR pilot bearing and slave cylinder.

Also I can see why you'd recommend the Mopar pilot bearing, but what's the story on the slave cyliner?

Thanks,
Cal

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62