EBC BRAKE PADS . . . . Now available RED or YELLOW or BLUE !

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
""WHAT'S STOPPING YOU ?!""

EBC users are genuflecting with reverence over "dustless" EBC GREEN pads. Also surprising to many is the VERY LOW COST! {Entire car = $149!} many callers figure $149 is per axle !

GREEN is the only color that is DUSTLESS, and is not generally recommended for track events. (Due to poor hi-temp endurance.) Using GREEN on rear can be OK at track if needed. Greens are available for many popular makes and models.

Now, good supplies are finally available of the Race-Endurance Compound (Blue), Race Compound (Yellow), and Track/Street (Red) pads. Emphasis on red is Street/Drag/Autocross. (None of these are dustless.........) Costs of all these pads are much lower than the most popular race pads. So, consider trying a full set of Yellows before for your next track event. Each has a wide temp and endurance range, and CAN be mixed-matched as desired. (ie Street/Track REDS work well on REAR, but not a good FRONT choice for intermidiate+ drivers.)

There is still NO rear EBC pad for the '01, but we hope that changes soon.... a likley date is Aug 17-24.

Available from EBC /Kingman, linked above, or from Woodhouse Dodge (above) and PartsRack (also above....thanks!)

"WHAT'S STOPPING YOU ?!"

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know which car/truck Dodge took the calipers for the rear of the 2001 GTS?

I am willing to bet that Dodge did not make the rear calipers specially for the Viper....

If I can find out which car/truck these calipers came from I can see if there are some other types of dustless pads for my rear until the EBCs come out, like Raybestos QS, NAPA, etc...

Thanks,

ViperDoctor

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would think that the rear 2001 pads from ebc should be in soon
i ordered mine already and was told mid july so as soon they clear customs i think were set!!!!
smile.gif

RickV2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dem dare green pads are unreal. not only do they keep the wheels cleaner longer but they also got rid of an annoying squeek ever since i had the car. the dealer changed em twice...with no luck. you've gotta get em. and if you don't like em....i'll refund your money darn it! did i say that?

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LARoadster:
i have greens on my RT/10 w/ ACR wheels and one of the best and cheapest things i've done. even though i don't like jon, he's right. mark <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey MARK! Some of these new guys will believe your (hopefully tongue-in-cheek) testimonial !

ps....RT/10 w/ ACR wheels, is a hot-item due to the raffle. Your AVTAR photo looks like you already WOn it !! I HOPE you also got a good deal on the True-And-Correct ACR wheels ?!?

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by viperdoctor:
Does anyone know which car/truck Dodge took the calipers for the rear of the 2001 GTS? I am willing to bet that Dodge did not make the rear calipers specially for the Viper....If I can find out which car/truck these calipers came from I can see if there are some other types of dustless
ViperDoctor
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The rear GTS caliper is a knock-off of the 1994+ Mustang
Cobra caliper, mftr by TRW.........pads interchange. I can get you a less-dusty Porterfield R4S pad....... but NOT as dustless as EBC Green, should be available mid-late August

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree with The Master. Although JonB claims the green are the only EBCs that are dustless, I bought EBC Reds from him and didn't have ANY dust. Maybe I didn't see it because my Viper is red?
smile.gif
For what it's worth I definitely recommend EBC red for the street, they're a good pad. However, I use racing pads for the track.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:

stop better by putting your foot out the door Flinstone style

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gerald...bragging about the size of his feet, again.

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:

Gerald...bragging about the size of his feet, again.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better to squish those gerbils with...

Elite1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those of you running with the reds. Maybe a little dust maybe not. I could live with a little dust but the squeek must stop. Do the reds prevent this annoying "feature".

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elite1:
Do the reds prevent this annoying "feature".

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but I repeat, don't run them at the track.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperdoctor,

DO NOT get the pads from NAPA. They are HORRIBLE! I can't tell you how many rear end close calls I've been involved with since I've gotten them.

AGAIN, STAY AWAY FROM NAPA brake pads for the Viper..
When your on the brakes for about 3-4 seconds hard, they stopping power is almost gone, feels like you can stop better by putting your foot out the door Flinstone style

Gerald

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
THANKS FOR THE PLUG , JON B, BUT..........................
Woodhouse doesn't currently carry EBC pads , so please call Jon B or the WingKing Hisself, if you need any!