Email notification of new *** WAY late?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the past few days, I'm getting the email notification of a new PM LONG after I actually got the PM. Sometimes 10 hours and today, I got a email for a PM that I received several days ago. Anyone else having this problem?

jax92

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I've never seen one either. Is it possible to have some type of "flash" when you log on the forum page to advise there is a PM for you? That would be nice.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have stopped receiving any email notifications, either from *** or from my thread subscriptions. Who do we notify? A moderator? I tried changing my subscription choice and checking options.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It seems to be sporadic, as I've checked with a few other people and they (like myself) are not having any problem. We're checking into it with the provider to see if they're having mail server issues.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I've never seen one either. Is it possible to have some type of "flash" when you log on the forum page to advise there is a PM for you? That would be nice.

That is an option you can turn on in your Control Panel, but I went ahead and turned it on for you. Now when you come to the site, if there is a PM waiting, you'll get a pop-up notifying you.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to update, I am still having the issue. I got emails today about 3 *** that I received a couple days ago. Thanks for checking on it Kelly!

I think you received those because the problem has been fixed. I'm going to send you a PM now, we'll time the delivery, but several people have reported getting a bunch of emails that were 'in queue'.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE: It looks like we got this issue fixed...

MTGTS and jax92, if you guys have a 'safe-sender list' feature, please make sure that @viperclub.org is included and that we're not getting sent to your junk/spam folder.

I'm going to send both of you a PM at 4:25 EDT. If you would, please let me know if you get the email notification.

Thanks.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Internets seems to be broken again. Ever since the website was down for most of Saturday, I haven't received any emails about new ***. 3 or 4 *** received, 0 notification emails. Anyone else notice this? My computer was sick Friday night, so this may be a "me" problem vs. a VCA problem.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the past few days, I'm getting the email notification of a new PM LONG after I actually got the PM. Sometimes 10 hours and today, I got a email for a PM that I received several days ago. Anyone else having this problem?

We switched to the Red email server.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so this may be a "me" problem .

Quote of the month if not year right there folks! :rolaugh::lmao:

Yes Chad, there are many "you" problems. First one is your cars color! :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha! :rolaugh::lmao: Well spoken! :D

My contibution to this thread is, You still get email notifications?:confused: Why?:dunno: Are you not on here everyday anyways? Or is it just that you are waiting to get a PM from me and want to be sure you dont miss it? :D

:eater:

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:rolaugh: Ok, that was funny. Can you give MopedBoy lessons so he can be funny too?

As in slower..... now THATS FUNNY !

Serves me right, I finally decide to try ***..............

Tom Sessions blamed my computer virus for taking down the VCA site on Saturday. Its nice to know we can blame Jon for killing PM notifications by trying *** for the 1st time. At least I'm not entirely to blame for everything :D

My contibution to this thread is, You still get email notifications?:confused: Why?:dunno: Are you not on here everyday anyways? Or is it just that you are waiting to get a PM from me and want to be sure you dont miss it? :D

:eater:
So your contribution is nothing? Shocking :rolleyes: If I got *** from you, I'd do like Jon B and turn them OFF :rolaugh:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All ribbing aside, I've noticed I'm not getting any email notifications for PM's.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And in the interim you all might try turning on the feature that pops up when you are on the forum to notify you that you have a pm, that should work well for Chad as he is on permanent log in. I think the only other site he visits is the Kelly Pickler Fan Boy page.:D:hahaha:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And in the interim you all might try turning on the feature that pops up when you are on the forum to notify you that you have a pm, that should work well for Chad as he is on permanent log in.

We have that option?:confused: Where is that?

I think the only other site he visits is the Kelly Pickler Fan Boy page.:D:hahaha:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! :lmao:

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And in the interim you all might try turning on the feature that pops up when you are on the forum to notify you that you have a pm, that should work well for Chad as he is on permanent log in. I think the only other site he visits is the Kelly Pickler Fan Boy page.:D:hahaha:

Have your fun now. As soon as me and Kellie do hookup, I'll be permanently hooked on her :D Some of you I'll miss, some I won't

We have that option?:confused: Where is that?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! :lmao:

Speaking of those I won't miss.... ;)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are going to leave here? Someone, get Kellies number to Chad! We have the ability to finally rid the VCA of him! :lmao:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the cause of the site down time was? My own topic does not seem to generate any responses :smirk:

Reaction score
This has been very difficult with all of the PM's etc. I get each day when I'm away from the PC. Sorry if you are falling through the cracks, I'm not ignoring you guys.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything should be 'status normal' now. We had a problem with the mail server, but it's been fixed, so you should be receiving notifications in a timely manner now.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But was that mail server problem also the cause for the whole forum to be offline?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456