Embarrassing Moments

Vintage Racer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We all like to brag about our skills as drivers of high performance cars, something akin to a bunch of fighter pilots getting together. Recently, a number of us were giving a racing buddy hell over a bonehead mistake he made on the track. He finally had enough and challenged all present to fess up to their less than stellar driving performances.

Here's my two worst. I was driving Watkins Glen for the very first time and having a hell of a lot of fun learning all the twists and turns. Came by start finish all by myself and got the checkered flag. Oh darn, time to go in-I wonder where pit in is? With no other cars around me, I was on my own so I cruised around all 3 plus miles and successfully managed to drive right past pit in. In fact I had no clue where it was. Finally, I pulled off the track and explained my ignorance to a corner worker. The remainder of the lap was very entertaining as corner workers came out onto the track to signal me where to go. As I approached pit in there were three corner workers who formed a line across the track to wave me into the pits. Car was red, face was red and did I ever get grief all weekend.

At VIR I was running a qualifying race and was very pleased with my performance. Caught up in the emotion of having done such a good job, I was sharing my joy by waving vigourously to all the corner workers. At the top of the Roller Coaster I got so caught up in waving that I drove off the track. But I then proceeded to successfully go on and off the track two more times before I finally regained control of my car having flung mud, grass, and dirt all over the place. Red face again.

So who else has wants to share one of their "lesser moments" as a driver of a high performance car?

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh where to begin...see, that is the cool part about owning our cars...even though we might screw up...people still say..."who cares...he's driving a Viper and we aren't!" ;)

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Embarrassing Moments - drag racing

this will make all you drag racers feel better: i went to stage when i was just learning to drag race the viper... stalled out in the staging lanes trying to do a burn-out not once, not twice, but THREE times!

proceeded to do it again on the next attempted run too.

Suffice to say, i bought a line-loc and installed it the next week.

I've gotten better at non-line-loc burnouts, but they sure are easier w/ a line loc!

*flack jacket ON*

fire away!

JD

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This isn't a "racing" embarassing moment, but my most embarassing Viper moment was the first time I went to get gas and was at a busy station. I had to wait for a pump. When I finally had an open one, I pulled up, shut the car off, got out, swiped my credit card....then realized that I had parked on the wrong side (driver's side of car facing the pump) so I couldn't pump the gas. I had to get back in, turn around, then pump.

NUMEROUS people were laughing.

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score

NUMEROUS people were laughing.
Exactly when id tune in with a friendly, "*clears throat* Who here is driving a 500hp behemoth piece of beauty?" :2tu: :headbang:

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My car doesn't have 500 HP, so I couldn't use that.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My battery died at the gas station, leaving me stranded. Kinda funny, we had to push the viper back from the pumps into a parking slot. I bet the station did more business for that hour than normal though heh.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This was pretty embarassing. The customers at CVS were watching this...

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62