Emblem removal?

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the emblems held on by 3m adhesive? Any tips for removal (little heat and patience? hehe). More worried about the lettering than the 2 snake emblems.

James

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
James,

The lettering is on with 3M tape...blow dryer or heat gun (not too close with the heat and keep it moving) and you can peel them off with your fingers, rubbing alchohol or 3M adhesive remover will get the residual off, followed by a little Z5 should be the ticket...

LotsaHP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right MadMaxx, they're just held on by 3M automotive tape. I just used a hair dryer to heat the letters, then used fishing line to remove them. Just be patient! Call Chuck @ Tator's Dodge if you need any help; he's the one that walked me through getting my side fender logos off.

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took my viper lettering off to have them painted white. used a hair drying on low with a rubber kitchen spatula. Just take your time and no heat guns!

When I swaped my snake logo colors off my MGW gas cap, that seemed to be held on very tight. Still just use hairdryer on low. once you get the glue warm, you will be able to get the spatula underneath emblem.

Good Luck

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are held on with double sided tape, I was told to cut them off using a hair dryer and pulling through the backing with dental floss.
I had thought about removing the Viper RT/10 off of the sides and painting them GTS Blue to match the stripes, I decided it was to much trouble.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My question is how difficult is it to get the lettering back on in the right spot? They are just sitting on the fender and to position them correctly would be hard, wouldn't it?

Mike

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey slithern,

I'm not going to use my white viper letters, your welcome to them (I know you have a coupe, but I guess the viper is the same?).

James

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tiepilot,
You will love the Blue letters on your car.
I think you can see mine, click the avatar.
Later,

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MADMAXX, I PUT ON THE CHROME ONES ON MY RT10. MAN ITS A PAIN IN THE A** BUT IT LOOKS AWESOME. EVERYONES RIGHT HEAT GUN. I HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE CLEAR COAT TRYING TO COME UP. ALSO I PUT THE RED ONES I TOOK OFF ON THE SIDE SILLS, SO WHEN YOU OPEN THE DOOR YOU SEE THEM. THE RED ON BLACK LOOKS COOL!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The lettering had been removed from my RT when I bought it. I think the car look's cleaner without it. The lettering group is a little large for my taste.

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wilddude....easy to reposition the new letters if you simply put a strip of masking tape along the top or bottom of whatever it is you are removing, and one small piece to show you where to start side-to-side. Very easy. pete the ex glass guy and hot rodder

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SPARKY,
Can you post some pics of the sidesills with the letters on it?
Sounds like a easy, sort of cheap .. mod.
that would look awesome.

thanks
JIM

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
James (MadMaxx), you've got mail.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Hey slithern,
I'm not going to use my white viper letters, your welcome to them (I know you have a coupe, but I guess the viper is the same?).

James
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimandela:
SPARKY,
Can you post some pics of the sidesills with the letters on it?
Sounds like a easy, sort of cheap .. mod.
that would look awesome.

thanks
JIM

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I DONT HAVE A SCANNER AND IF I DID I STILL DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THEM! I **** AT STUFF LIKE THAT.ITS NOT ON THE OUTSIDE WERE YOU CAN SEE IT DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD ITS ON THE INSIDE BELOW THE DOOR ON THAT FAT WIDE PART YOU HAVE TO JUMP OVER TO GET IN THE DANG THING.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SPARKY,
i understand . I am the same way with computer stuff.
So now when i get pics developed i have them also come on a
kodak photo cd. very easy.

The location seems awesome open the door and bam!
I think i will just order them and do it.
thanks
JIM

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62