Emissions Codes Resetting

carbon777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

Have had my 99' GTS since nearly new but live in Colorado. Every few years I forget to plug in the battery tender over the winter and the battery goes dead. When this happens all the emissions codes get reset and it takes 500-1000 miles and nearly all summer to get back to square one. So it just happened again and I've finally reached my threshold on patience with this issue. There has got to be an easier way than spending days driving around trying to get the exact drive cycle. Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Lu

12Fast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Gen 3, 2004. After 2 years of failing emissions tests, driving hundreds of unwanted miles just to gather emissions data so the four emissions monitors would cooperate, and replacing everything (including the four cats) except the ECU computer, I sent my ECU to Viper Specialty Performance (Great help!). They reflashed the software and reset it to factory specs. Following their instructions with startup and first drive, All four of my emission monitors went green in less than 50 miles. The $429 was worth it! I have since put the two HF cats back on and I still get four green emissions monitors.