Engine block heater

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do Vipers sold in Canada come from the factory with an engine block heater?
Anyone has the part# for it? (Gen 2)

luc 00GTS

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no chance. :D

the only heater it needs is starting it up. if you have the right mixture of water/coolant and a normal T-Stat 192? degrees you will be fine.

D

DAMN YANKEE

Untitled-1.jpg

D

DAMN YANKEE

All comedy aside...with synthetic oil you should be able to safely crank your VIper at VERY low temps without a hitch.

One could also consider any of these...

Pro Heat OIL PAN HEATER KITS : JC Whitney: Auto Parts & Accessories

Engine oil pan heaters, filter heaters & battery warmers. Designed for cars, diesel engines, more effective than block heaters, magnetic heaters. Suitable for Volkswagen vw beetle, Audi, Land Rover, Ford, Chrysler, GM,

Universal Preheaters [E TIP, Inc.]

ZeroStart Magnet-mount Engine Block Heater : JC Whitney: Auto Parts & Accessories

I have used the magnetic one on my truck for years, works like a charm. I always feel good when the engine cranks up like a summer day. I have a sign I prop on the dash to remind me its there...Figure on a higher electric bill.

Last edited by a moderator:

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
luc, Really doubt it comes factory or dealer installed. Most don't even know what they are. The block heater fits in the right rear freeze plug 1-2 0'clock position. I would exit the cord to the right A/C drier area. To get one it is for a Ram pickup. NAPA part # 605-1620. Usually only need to have it plugged in 2hrs before you leave and plug in when it is 20 degrees or below. We use a timer in the outside plug in so it comes on and off everyday at the same time. Over the last 4 years my shop has had a Federal Grant to put them on for $25.00 to the customer and City pays the rest. It's a 'reduce emmissions' thing since Anchorage busts emmissions in Dec and Jan with the cold inversions. We put on 2630 heaters last winter in 4 months over 8000 last 4 yrs but the program just ended. LOL. We put in several in V10 trucks but no Vipers. I park my Viper for the winter.:(

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do Vipers sold in Canada come from the factory with an engine block heater?
Anyone has the part# for it? (Gen 2)

luc 00GTS

Coming from Finland I know damn well what a engine block heater is...
Never seen one in a Viper though. Do you actually store the Viper outside AND drive it in those temperatures?
I drive mine in 20F, no problem, but I definately dont store it outside.:2tu: