Engine question

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am ashamed to admit it, but last week at a car show with the viper, an eccentric gentleman came up and asked me exactly where the viper engine was built. He kind of caught me off guard, as I was not sure of the correct answer.
He stated that he thought they were built in Australia, but I said they were built in the good old U.S.A., not knowing for sure. I have looked in my owners manual, and various viper books I have, but have not found the answer yet.

Anyone care to edumacate me?

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's built at the same place the Viper is built: Conner Avenue Assembly Plant in Detroit, Michigan.

Assembly And Testing
Each Dodge Viper is hand-assembled at a special Detroit, Michigan facility on Conner Avenue by carefully chosen, skilled UAW workers with over 300 hours of training each.

http://www.vipercentral.com/buy/review/whatsinaviper.htm

You must be registered for see images

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Blue, how are you liking your Steel GTS? I remember one of the first post's that you made was about how you and your wife were in front of the hotel (or something to that extent) and everyone was starring at the car. You had mentioned that you didnt think that the car would get that much attention. :D

Austin

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't Lamborghini a consultant with Dodge on the engine design and developement?

matt lankford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i heard its the same motor as in the mitsibishi lancer evo VIII from a ricer guy, he said it was just lik the talon/eclipse thing they did.

OP
OP
B

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Austin, must be someone else you are thinking of, but the car does attract an amazing amount of attention. I just got back from a month long vacation in Ohio (yes I drove the car!). At this same car show mentioned above, an ESPN2 crew came up and interviewed me about the car, so look for me on TV in the future if I make the cut.
People here in S. Florida give the car attention, but not as much as the people in Ohio did. All those Ohio boys must sure enjoy their car this time of year.
Here is a funny story about a 10 year old kid I met at this particular show:
This kid comes up to me and is in total awe about the viper, he continues to spill out HP numbers, top speed, 0-60 times etc. on the viper, all correct. He tells me he has built 10 viper models and that this is his favorite car. I ask him if he has a camera, and he replied "no, why"?
I say "well if you had a camera, I would let you sit in the car and take your picture". He looks at his dad and says "dad, we have to get the camera". Well to make a long story short, he made his dad go home and get the camera and showed back up 1 1/2 hrs later camera in hand!
Needless to say, I made his whole summer as I took about 12 pictures of him and his sister in the driver's seat!
It is amazing how kids are attracted to this car.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great story! Im sorry that I confused you with someone else. I really thought it was you but, oh well. I love that color but, have never seen it in person. I hear it has a purplish tint in certain lighting?

Austin

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a great story Pilot!

After reading about someone else doing this here on the site some time ago, I keep a small disposable camera in the car in the glove box for just such an occasion.

What better way to make someone's day than to take pics of them sitting next to/in their dream car and then handing them the camera?

OP
OP
B

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nexus, good idea indeed. I always keep my digital handy and will usually email the person with the picture. I do this when I am flying, I let the kids come up and sit in the cockpit, take their picture, and them send them the photos. This makes the kids and parents day usually. This poor kid though did not have email or even a computer. I told him to do good in school and listen to his parents, and he will achieve any goals he sets for himself. I like to do this to show kids that they can make something of themselves instead of loafing through life and being a bum or even worse, a criminal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave