Engine stall at low RPMs

viperama

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi folks, maybe somebody can help to cure my Snake...
(97' GTS, 25'000 Miles)

When i drive at low RPMs (1500-2500) and partial Engine load (aaargh, sorry for my english :p ) in any Gear, the Engine beginns to stall.
No matther if the Engine is warm or cold... doesnt change at any ambient temperature or humidity.

I allready replaced sparkplugs, ignitioncables and checked the Connectors at the Coils for humidity... no difference. :mad:

A few days ago i had to replace my Fuel Level Sensor and drained some Fuel by bridging the Fuelpump Relais.
I noticed that the fuel was very "foamy"... but i think this is normal, because Fuel was not under Pressure.

Appreciate every new idea...

OP
OP
V

viperama

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank u, i checked the Batterie with our "State of the Art" Batterie Tester... seems to be Ok.
I cleaned Connectors too...

Unfortunately no Change in my Snakes behaviour.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've got many more things to check.
Clean throttle boddies with sensor safe cleaner, search on this.
Clean Idle Air Control Module, search again and a pic is in the last Viper Magazine.
I recently read of someone sending their injectors off to be cleaned and they are really happy.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
my initial was also the battery since i have the same year and when my battery was hurtin it did the same sh#*. maybe its time to check the fuel filter? does the car idle with no load. when was your clutch replaced last/ever.

OP
OP
V

viperama

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cleaned TTB and Idle Control 5 Weeks ago when i cleaned my K&Ns... the problem occured later.

Today i went to our Local Chrysler Dealer... he said it could be the MAP-Sensor.

After i went to our local Car wrecker to Check Grand Cherokees etc for a similar Unit... found none. :rolleyes:

I heard from many People that stock Injectors are very scrapy... i saw that Dan Cragin (?) sells matched Sets of Injectors for less than 300 bucks.
What you think about? Price sounds hot.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can the MAP sensor be cleaned or is it a repacement only part?

I like the idea about sending the injectors off to a reliable shop to check, clean, etc. I wonder if Cragin would do that to OEM ones?