1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine vin tag

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by treed, Jan 17, 2015.

1. treed

treed Enthusiast

Looking to purchase a second viper... Is it even possible to see/read a VIN tag on the engine block, while it's in the car? If so, any suggestions for doing this?

Thanks,
    Tim

2. GTSHolgi

GTSHolgi Viper Owner

It is possible, but hard though.... it is somewhere on the passenger side under the coilpacks, you need a flashlight to find it. I don't remember if you can really read the full VIN or just the few letters... Good luck!

3. treed

treed Enthusiast

Any chance anyone has a picture of the engine VIN tag in or out of the car? Just so I have a better idea what I'm looking for?

Thanks,
    Tim

4. Fatboy 18

Fatboy 18 Enthusiast

http://www.theviperregistry.org/vin.php

5. treed

treed Enthusiast

Hey FatBoy 18, I've seen that before... it's hard to tell from that drawing, though, where the VIN really is... top? bottom? side? etc. That arrow isn't helping. I've spent an hour or more looking... not finding anything in that general location. I'm expecting to at least find a corner of a tag somewhere... nothing so far, even searching with a small mirror and a flashlight... :(

6. Fatboy 18

Fatboy 18 Enthusiast

Lower Front right hand side of Engine Block (not heads) for the serial number casting Near the oil line pick up

Vin is also on the lower part of the Block near the starter motor. hope that helps.