Event Calendar

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure, the Kelowna event in Canada is this weekend. Followed by the 4th of July parade that is still TBD:dunno:

Hardly anyone in the club reads these forums, so unless a reminder goes out in an e-mail...

theamigo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure, the Kelowna event in Canada is this weekend. Followed by the 4th of July parade that is still TBD:dunno:

Hardly anyone in the club reads these forums, so unless a reminder goes out in an e-mail...

The what event? Where?:mad:

I think the club should send out a reminder email about events, especially supposedly large events like whatever it was that happened this weekend. I had no idea.

Yes, I should've paid more attention to the schedule, but it's nice to have someone managing the club there to remind us of things like this. Right?

That's pretty disappointing.

-Nathan

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just added a new post (under a separate heading) and sent out an email regarding the 4th of July. The decision on where to have it was just made by your local VCA officers late last week, I then registered us and am now waiting on the official information from the parks department.

-James

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the club should send out a reminder email about events, especially supposedly large events like whatever it was that happened this weekend. I had no idea.

Yes, I should've paid more attention to the schedule, but it's nice to have someone managing the club there to remind us of things like this. Right?

That's pretty disappointing.

-Nathan
=============================================================

Nathan and other VCA members of Washington,

First let me say I agree we need to get the information out to the members (and owners) better, either here on the forums, on our local web page or via emails. The last has more problems than the other methods x10 but that's another story and not my point here.

Secondly, there will be elections coming up for all local officer positions and WE NEED CANDIDATES!

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to keep the club events going and attended without the support of a good team of officers plus local members who own events and even then, work and other personal things often get in the way of making everything go smoothly.

Having been a local club officer from 99-2006, I can say it is both work and also rewarding. I highly recommend if you have ideas or are enthusiastic, throw your name in to be an officer!

I just wish we had more volunteers to help improve the events.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And we thank you for your and the others hard work put in for the club,
keep it up James.

If people cant check the schedule I think that is their problem, hopefully lesson learned....

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Partly venting/partly serious (you decide):

Checking the schedule shouldn't be a problem, but there are no specifics associated. Why would anyone bother showing up to an event at an unspecified time or meeting place?

If we need officers, how about a posting/e-mail about the positions and responsibilities? Or when the vote might take place?

...local web page or via emails. The last has more problems than the other methods x10 but that's another story ...

I keep hearing this issue about recieving e-mails from a club that one elected and paid to join. If you join a club, then do not want to recieve e-mails, then just block the sender? :confused: I, for one, don't think the magazine/newsletter is worth $30+ an issue - I joined to meet and paticipate with other Viper owners that share my passion for the car and/or cars in general. So far, the only events that have had attendance were sent out via e-mail (Monthly dinners & the Wyrsch's party). The Mopar Show at Triple-X - not on Calendar - had more of a showing than the Season Opener (Same venue; not on calendar; e-mailed to club).

Callahyar & anyone else - I'm up for a drive on Saturday.

Nathan - the Kelowna event had a deadline for reservations back in March and there were a few e-mails about it, but I don't think you were a member yet.

callahyar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am looking forward meeting the Viper gourp on the 4th. I joined the club to get to know my local viper buddies that share the same passion as I do. However, Golf is another passion of mine and I play every saturday. would love to ride on Sunday if interested.

Chris
:2tu:

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't do Sunday -the wife has an open house and I'll have both of the boys. Guess I could drive the truck - it's got a V10 - but its just not the same:smirk:

callahyar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that's cool! look forward to meet you on the 4th. I may go early and hook up with others before the event.

See you there.

Happy vipering:drive:

Chris

theamigo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. I can't imagine anyone being upset about receiving normal club updates via email. It's not ****** spam. It's pertinent email from a club that's oriented around something we love, and for which we paid money to join.

For the 4th: I'll be there with my four-year-old in the car as long as my third child isn't in the process of being born. :usa:

Partly venting/partly serious (you decide):
I keep hearing this issue about recieving e-mails from a club that one elected and paid to join. If you join a club, then do not want to recieve e-mails, then just block the sender? :confused: I, for one, don't think the magazine/newsletter is worth $30+ an issue - I joined to meet and paticipate with other Viper owners that share my passion for the car and/or cars in general. So far, the only events that have had attendance were sent out via e-mail (Monthly dinners & the Wyrsch's party). The Mopar Show at Triple-X - not on Calendar - had more of a showing than the Season Opener (Same venue; not on calendar; e-mailed to club).

snnseatl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to vent here a little bit...

I try to keep everyone in the club happy, it's not possible. I just checked my sent mail and I sent out 8 different emails regarding the event in Kelowna. The event was not even put on by our club, it was a BC club event that I thought our club would enjoy.

When the person hosting the event sends me information to put out to the club regarding the event, I pass it on. If they don't, then there is nothing for me to email out. When I send out an email without all the needed information I get 20 replies with questions that I cannot answer because it is not an event hosted by me.

Everyone in this club has my email as well as the email of every officer and should feel free to ask questions whenever they arise.

As far as the members that complained about spam...it was not the event emails that were put to question. It was various emails such as an RSVP that was replied to the whole club instead of one person, or general questions or conversations being sent out to the whole club.

There will be an email sent out regarding the election of new officers when it gets closer to the time that they will be held. I have learned that emails sent out to far in advance get deleted or forgotten.

This forum was created to help with information getting out and to give the members a place to chat about things regarding their cars, etc. More and more members are using it every month and it will continue to get better. Remember that the forum is a very new thing for this club and members are not use to using it.

It is very easy to complain, but hard to be part of the solution. Please keep that in mind before you hurt the feelings of the people that have put in countless hours maintaining this club and trying to keep it's members happy.

Heather

Scotty-tnt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its funny you say that because we have had at least 5 people ask to be removed from the mail list on the last mailing because other members respond to the whole message. So it shouldnt be that hard to imagine. We try everthing possible to get the info out as well as keep everyone happy. Sometimes its a VERY difficult balance. Thats why this is forum is here.

At least some people are using it now....;)

I agree. I can't imagine anyone being upset about receiving normal club updates via email. It's not ****** spam. It's pertinent email from a club that's oriented around something we love, and for which we paid money to join.

For the 4th: I'll be there with my four-year-old in the car as long as my third child isn't in the process of being born. :usa:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a suggestion...when I send out club emails, I put my email address in the "to" field and BCC everyone else. This way, if someone responds to an email, it is only sent to me. It cuts out the possibility of anyone "spamming" the entire club.

Also out of my jurisdiction,

Chad

snnseatl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great suggestion to bcc on the emails to the club. I never thought of doing that and it would solve the problem.

Thanks again,

Heather

callahyar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
anyone is going up to the 4th of July event from the south end and wants to meet up and drive up?

Chris

Flyin' Low

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't make to the 4th of July parade but I'm planning on going to the Northwest Historic Races at Pacific Raceways on Sunday. If anyone else is going we could meet up somewhere.

Dave

1999 GTS black/cognac

theamigo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, I'm thinking about going. I'm in Port Orchard, so not far away. What time were you headed up?

I can't make to the 4th of July parade but I'm planning on going to the Northwest Historic Races at Pacific Raceways on Sunday. If anyone else is going we could meet up somewhere.

Dave

1999 GTS black/cognac

pauljkopick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You bet your sweet (donkey) current officers including the lovely Heather have done a OUTSTANDING job.this includes past people such as James,Paul R,Tommie P. & many others.We were lucky to have them.If anyone can do better nominate yourself. You eye- balling me!:usa::lmao::2tu::rolaugh::headbang::rolleyes::bonker::usa:

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great suggestion to bcc on the emails to the club. I never thought of doing that and it would solve the problem.

<rant:soapbox>
Well, not quite. It just changes the problem from one form to another. Now, instead of everyone in the club being more well informed and talking with each other (albeit with some irritated folks), we have the small sub-set that interacts on the web forum, and the other, larger group that is more isolated and/or communicates in private via personal e-mails and telephone calls. Then the club becomes even more divided. How does that larger group feedback or converse? Doing so strictly at club events doesn't really cut it for working out details *about* those events, or for time sensitive stuff. Plus, many people can't always make events on a regular monthly basis. :omg:

While I appreciate people's desires to not have their in-boxes filled with inane, un-interesting stuff, the club benefits from more peer-to-peer communication. If this forum can be that vehicle for the majority of the club, great. But my sense is that today it is not. So why not e-mail? Keep it to club related stuff, and I frankly don't see the problem. Yes, I understand that it most certainly IS a problem for some people, but I really don't understand that.

OK, now I'll shut up and go drive... :drive:
</rant>

Steve

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the people in the club dont have email, or a computer for that matter.

Steve - could you please hand deliver letters to those people so they dont feel left out.

Sorry, couldnt help myself......

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on selling it, and I was only kidding. :)

We still could us some nominations... and I know the past officers will help the new officers so they will be successful!!!

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, did everyopne get the e-mail Heather sent out about our BBQ down here in Olympia a week from Saturday? I sure hope so.
If you did not, PM me your e-mail and I'll send you a info packet!
Perhaps all region e-mails should be titled with 'WA VIPER NEWS"......:headbang:

O- BTW- I'd nominate Steve for one of the officers!:usa:

PBR-
Yellow is faster!

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Paul- For about the 4th year in a row the BBQ is the same day and time as my company picnic, we will try and come down afterwards, please save us some food... James, Lori & Dario

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper