Exhaust Question : My GEN I is simply too loud, need help

Viper-Giusi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all

I have a '94 RT/10, I changed the intake to K&N high performance filter, increased the throttle diameter, did the rockers... now 2 weeks ago I mounted Beligner Headers (they're really great, perfect fit !), I have racing Cats and in the sidepipes Borla muffler.

I really like the HP and torque raise I got, the car accelerates really faster and better in high gears, so I don't want to miss that. The sound is for my ears perfect, quite loud and deep, and there is the problem.

Here in Switzerland I can't drive long with that sound, Police will stop me, then if I come home late at night, all the neighbors will stand in their beds... and last but not least, I can't cruise with my wife anymore, you can't talk in the car...

Is there something I could do without spending again a couple of hundred bugs ? I heard about a resonator, what is that, would that be a solution for me, to reduce a bid the loud noise but to keep the gained power ?

thanks a lot for an answer.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't cruise with wife.Can't hear her talk in the car.So what's wrong with that?Screw the neighbors and tell the cops that its the way its supposed to sound.Thats the way it was made.Its a Viper.What will they know about it.Just use LIGHT throttle near the cops and your neighbors. GTS Bruce

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put the stock cats back in , that should do it , or you could put the stock mufflers back in. Do one at a time before you do both , which will make it at almost stock sound level.

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, CCI 3 disk inserts from Summit Racing. Worked for
me.

Herc

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member