Expansion of my collection... again!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is this morning's score at the local fleamarket.
Somehow I remember the Intermodellbau '96 Burago GTS as being sought after by collectors, could be wrong though but for a price of €20 I could not leave it there.
Ixo GTS-R was €25, the 1:87 SRT-10 €3.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you read as good as you normally type, I'm betting you can't read the side of a Happy Meal box either :lmao::lmao::lmao:

;)

Speaking of Happy Meal, at least I have seen pics of you and your future Mrs!:rolaugh::rolaugh:

:eater:

The writing is in German, I thought you would be able to understand it mr. Swedish Chef :eater:

Swedish Chef? Yes I can cook roadkill on a BBQ, but what does that have to do with understanding? :confused:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The AutoArt is a nice find, really nice looking car!

As for reading the box, what exactly can't you read? Ich spreche nein Deutsche:D

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ja, ja...spent a fair amount of time in Germany, but never really picked up much....but my favorite line was always, Nein, ich spreche sie Deutche nicht, so my wife tells me, but I always left off the "nicht" and gutten tag! :)

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! Good price! :)

Seller has 3 more of that one for the same price and has inquired about possible interest for the solid black and Go ManGo/matt black Vipers for same price also :D
Hey if you guys are also interested maybe I can talk the seller into an even lower special group buy rate?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nein, ich spreche sie Deutche nicht, so my wife tells me, but I always left off the "nicht" and gutten tag! :)

Thats funny!:rolaugh:

Seller has 3 more of that one for the same price and has inquired about possible interest for the solid black and Go ManGo/matt black Vipers for same price also :D
Hey if you guys are also interested maybe I can talk the seller into an even lower special group buy rate?

Not sure that would work out so well with shipping from that side of the pond. :(

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Not sure that would work out so well with shipping from that side of the pond. :(

Yes, I emailed a seller about 2 cars listed. With shipping it was about $156 USD. I asked for a package deal/combined shipping and she said, "no, too expensive to ship". :(

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions for large display units? I've become a bit obsessed with this and unfortunately I'm collecting the 1:18 size so I need a bit of room. I have about 40 cars now and waiting for more to arrive.

I need something that will keep them protected from dust. I want to remove them from the boxes for display. Because my home-office has a lot of windows and doors, there is limited wall space. I've seen ViperArry's display on another forum and it is quite nice - not sure I have the skills to make one though. Any thoughts, other than, I should have gone with 1:43? TIA.

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine would be to just go ahead and make something yourself, just make sure you start with a multiple view drawing to visualise the measurements. Heck I wasn't sure if I could drill out 2 quarter panels on my 1:1 car without any experience but off they came by my own hands!

I would try looking for a company that makes display units for in stores? It sounds like you need something custom and they do that kind of stuff all the time. Or maybe a well sorted home appliance store.

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Markk,

I bought mine because it wasn't longer wanted in an office..... completely dis-assembled it.
Had it stored in my house for a year (till it drove my wife nuts).

Then, cutted it to proper dimensions (it didn't fit due to heights).
Redecorated the sides....

Rebuilded the whole.

The technique of building is fairly simple, you just need the basic idea.
Building materials are for sale at any DIY shop.... and with a copytool milling edges down is simple.
If you want I documented the rebuild and build-idea and should have it in PDF.

Maybe... I'm even selling my own display due to moving to another house.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions for large display units? I've become a bit obsessed with this and unfortunately I'm collecting the 1:18 size so I need a bit of room. I have about 40 cars now and waiting for more to arrive.

I need something that will keep them protected from dust. I want to remove them from the boxes for display. Because my home-office has a lot of windows and doors, there is limited wall space. I've seen ViperArry's display on another forum and it is quite nice - not sure I have the skills to make one though. Any thoughts, other than, I should have gone with 1:43? TIA.

Here ya go...

Model Car Display Case 1/18 Diecast Cars at Carney Plastics

I have purchased 6 of the ones that hold 6 and 8 of the ones that hold 12. Check the prices but the 12's seem to be the best deal, if you want to mix and match to add height in a narrow space the 6ea ones match right up to the 12's. These things are plastic but really look like mirrored glass and they will reflect really well opening up a room if you do a whole wall like I have. When you mount them do not screw them down too hard as it will pucker the mirror surface.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I was looking at those when Michael's was having issues with the stand-alone display cases. Do you have a picture of your wall? The Carney cases looked cramped on their website so I'm wondering how they look for real.

I was thinking about something like a jeweler's display case, but I'm having trouble finding one in dimensions that would work and doesn't cost $2K.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason they look cramped is that the cars from the 50's pictured are huge, even though they are in the same 1/18 scale. Vipers do not look cramped. I will see if I can get a shot later. If you want more room order the version that only holds 10 cars, a few more bucks and 2 less cars but looks much more open.
Model car display case, CP-10/18 muscle cars from Carney Plastics

These things are jewel like, plastic but even from 1 foot away you would swear they are glass and mirror. I shopped till I dropped to find these, there is a lot of junk out there. You can order them from Amazon as well, I think it's about buck or two less through Amazon. Free Amazon shipping deal not available as they are drop shipped.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go. This wall has 8 of the 6ea fitted together. Much cheaper to buy the 12 ea, I just did not find them initially .Mirrors are good enough it was tough to avoid reflection taking these. You will see a lot of models here that are not available. I've been working on this for years, complete collection of all Gen 1/2/3 available colors. Had to make a bunch of 'em myself. And a board member from long made some of the Gen 2's for me.

IMG_13781.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee-dude! Good to finally see your own collection it looks the shizzle :D Gonna need close ups of that ACR!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pricey to make, started out as an AutoArt SRT10, black/white stripe coupe but an Orange AutoArt Comp Coupe had to donate it's wing. Now I gotta get another orange comp. coupe.
But as the 1:1 version of this ACR is in the garage I had to do it!

IMG_1385.jpg

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, Lee, you seem to be knowledgeable about collectability....any thoughts on a 1:24 1991 Indy 500 Edition RT/10? I picked it up yesterday and had never seen one before in either 1:24 or 1:18. Of course, that doesn't mean they haven't been around, but this one I intend to keep in the original box with all the Indy 500 markings on it.

Here's a pic:

This is pretty much the only "collectable" one I have of the 12 I have now. I basically wanted to represent one of each available color and not get caught up in the Bburago vs Maisto version of the same car.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks much!:2tu:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You had the guy at VOI 11 make it or did you do this one yourself?

Did it myself, although I pitched the guy at VOI about making customs for us all, I need to follow up with him.
The problem with him seemed to there were actually making those on some kind of assembly line. Hard to believe as I have never seen them anywhere.