Extended Warranty help

Reaction score
I am looking to buy an extended Maximum care (Max care) extended warranty for my 2005.

I've received a couple quotes for the zero-deductible, 60000 mile, 7-year max care warranty, they are $1,720.00 and $1765.00.

Does this seem reasonable? Can I do better?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you try calling Tator? I think he offers a discount on extended warranties.

V

Venomiss

Did you call the larger dealers? Get as many quotes as you can that will work where you live. Good luck with it.

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As Tony said, call Chuck Tator, bought extended warranties for all my vehicles through him, and he gives you the VCA discount.

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I shopped around when I bought my extended warranty, and Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse had the best price. I got about 6 quotes and the difference between his price and the most expensive was about $800!

cerino2000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just called about getting one for my 04. My in service date was February of 2004. Chrysler will only allow extended warranties if the car is less than 48 months from its in service date (figures).

I am the second owner so I am good for the powertrain and emissions but where can I buy an extended warranty direct for the other things. I hear that EVERYTHING on this car is expensive. I don't want to have to pay crap while I own it. I suspect I'll own it about a year (at the rate I go through cars). Who can I get an extended warranty for all the other stuff through with a 0 deductible?

Reaction score
I don't know of any company's that will offer much coverage for the Viper unfortunately. If you do find one I doubt it will really cover much so read the fine print (the Maxcare coverage is exceptional, sorry you missed it).

cerino2000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The local Dodge dealer sells a 3rd party warranty that is bumper to bumper with 0 deductible for $2700. That's with no discount at all and they said they don't discount. I may shop around for someone who will actually discount it.

I don't know of any company's that will offer much coverage for the Viper unfortunately. If you do find one I doubt it will really cover much so read the fine print (the Maxcare coverage is exceptional, sorry you missed it).

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to extend mine 6 months ... but still bumper to bumper with $0 deduct. I am second owner (only a few hundred miles when I got it) so I still have bumper to bumper now on my '06 but ...

Anyone KNOW the proper "avenue" or "place" to do such?

Thanks.

Denver Morford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm biased as a Chrysler dealer but I'd go with a Chrysler plan. Unfortunately they don't offer 6 month coverage. As for no discount on plans, just realize that during these "tougher" times, it's much easier to negotiate a small markup over dealer cost than before. Any dealer is a fool to pass up on $100 profit for little work on a plan that takes nothing to sell. Just my 2 cents.

V

Venomiss

I just want to extend mine 6 months ... but still bumper to bumper with $0 deduct. I am second owner (only a few hundred miles when I got it) so I still have bumper to bumper now on my '06 but ...

Anyone KNOW the proper "avenue" or "place" to do such?

Thanks.

Call around and get quotes. Here are three valuble pages of tried and true dealerships mentioned by VCA members who used them from all over the country.;)

http://forums.viperclub.org/dealer-...-post-good-first-time-buyers.html#post2400410

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456