"falling Stock Market Means Falling Viper Prices!!!!!"

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting a little sick of seeing this in every place that Vipers might remotely be for sale. Especially true as the prices listed are just about the highest I've seen recently. Anyone else bored to death of this? :dunno:

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the bottom is in and now is the time to buy. It's not all dome and gloom out there. I bought my Viper in Jan. and I think prices have leveled off. I sold my 07 Vette in Feb. for a little less than I paid for it new to the first person that came to look at it. Stocks I bought in Dec. took a hit in Jan. and Feb. but are coming back strong now. I'm shopping for my wife a daily driver and the dealer had a lot of shoppers their and I couldn't hardly get anyone to wait on me. I ordered some equipment the other day for my farm and the price has gone up about 10% from last fall, dealer said inventories are low. I think things are looking up.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dealer most known for using that slogan must be using the best drugs on Earth to believe what they are saying! "Best prices on Earth..." yet their cars start in the high $70s and most are in the $80s. Where the heck is the deal?!?!?! Well, I guess this is why they still have most of them for sale. Guess they are not the "best prices" ;).

certs_210

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The dealer most known for using that slogan must be using the best drugs on Earth to believe what they are saying! "Best prices on Earth..." yet their cars start in the high $70s and most are in the $80s. Where the heck is the deal?!?!?! Well, I guess this is why they still have most of them for sale. Guess they are not the "best prices" ;).

Could not have said it better. When I started looking a few months ago, I called them since they are within reasonable driving distance and they have quite a few on their lot. I was given a very quick brush-off before I even got to make an offer.

I guess the dealers suspect the market is at rock bottom right now, and they'd be better served waiting to move the big-ticket items.

All worked out in the end for me... I ended up buying through the classifieds here and got a better deal than any dealer was likely to give me anyway :2tu:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been in their Viper warehouse and it is that,they have Vipers bumper to bumper, will not deal on any of them and typically are above other sellers prices and significantly above market.Acted like their Venom red coupes were rare and highly sought after collectibles.Their slogan should be Stock market down so our prices have gone up!!!!!

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could not have said it better. When I started looking a few months ago, I called them since they are within reasonable driving distance and they have quite a few on their lot. I was given a very quick brush-off before I even got to make an offer.

I guess the dealers suspect the market is at rock bottom right now, and they'd be better served waiting to move the big-ticket items.

All worked out in the end for me... I ended up buying through the classifieds here and got a better deal than any dealer was likely to give me anyway :2tu:

Ya you got an awesome car at a great price! Colors not bad either I guess.;)

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Could not have said it better. When I started looking a few months ago, I called them

I also called them when I was looking for a viper. They acted like they were doing me a favor by even taking my call. So, I bought from someone else.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well time has told their story and they still can not move cars so I say let them sit on them. If they think that they are doing you a favor by talking to you then they got another thing coming.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another benefit of the lowered prices is the lowered tax values and therefore lower taxes to be paid! I just got my tax bill and said "whoa!" on the value listed, took in my bill of sale from a little while back, and got my taxes reduced! Best part was they didn't argue about the value, and probably have few enough comparison points in their database to debate it, so they just adjusted the value to what I paid!

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also called them when I was looking for a viper. They acted like they were doing me a favor by even taking my call. So, I bought from someone else.

Imagine how ********** you would be if you placed an order with that dealer for a brand new 08 Coupe in Snakeskin Green with black stripes at full retail, waited 6 months for it to arrive (with your name on the sticker) and they told you, "The market is hot on the new 08's, especially in this color. We believe it's worth a $10,000 upcharge", and they refuse to sell you the very Viper that you custom ordered unless you pay their "market adjustment".

Surely, such a maneuver was a one time thing and that dealership learned its lesson after members of a local club basically black listed them. So let's suppose you then decided to order a brand new 09 Challenger SRT-8 from them in the bright orange with black stripes. You wait 6 months for the car to finally arrive, only to be told, "We're sorry. A gentlemen found out we were taking delivery of a new orange/black Challenger and he just had to have it. He paid us $8,000 over sticker, so we sold it to him, " screwing you out of your long-awaited car.

I guess it's easier to place orders when you know someone else is on the hook for the money. If the car is only worth sticker, make the consumer buy it. If it's worth more, sell it out from under him. Why take a chance and order it yourself when you can use your customers as your shills?

I'm not going to name any names, but hypothetically, assuming the above two situations happened very recently, that is the MAXimum degree of sketchiness that a dealer could exhibit, in my opinion.

OP
OP
C

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting, but sort of the opposite of the current situation and the advertising referred to in this post, don't you think? Also your two examples are sort of the same: car's worth more due to the current market and either pay the difference or it'll go to someone else. We're not seeing too much of that lately :confused:

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting, but sort of the opposite of the current situation and the advertising referred to in this post, don't you think? Also your two examples are sort of the same: car's worth more due to the current market and either pay the difference or it'll go to someone else. We're not seeing too much of that lately :confused:

They never ended up getting a dime more on the Viper. They had to wholesale it out after floor planning it for a while. They THOUGHT they could get more, so they threw the customer under the bus to make a buck. That one didn't work out so well.

They did find a sucker on the Challenger, because it was a hot commodity for a minute when it first came out. The M.O. was the same........throw the customer under the bus for money.

I guess they're batting 50/50 on screwing customers to get more money out of a vehicle.

As you can see, their current Viper prices certainly aren't falling. They are still close to retail. As such, I'm sure you'll see those same cars sitting in the exact same place for quite a while (or until they get tired of paying interest on them and dump them on a wholesaler or find a sucker).

Point is, I wouldn't buy a spark plug from those guys after the stuff they've pulled. I don't think I'm alone in that feeling, based upon some other posts in this thread and thoughts expressed by others here locally.

Lucid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was sick of seeing that too when shopping. Used owners weren't realistic with prices seemed to always want above kbb value.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine how ********** you would be if you placed an order with that dealer for a brand new 08 Coupe in Snakeskin Green with black stripes at full retail, waited 6 months for it to arrive (with your name on the sticker) and they told you, "The market is hot on the new 08's, especially in this color. We believe it's worth a $10,000 upcharge", and they refuse to sell you the very Viper that you custom ordered unless you pay their "market adjustment".

Surely, such a maneuver was a one time thing and that dealership learned its lesson after members of a local club basically black listed them. So let's suppose you then decided to order a brand new 09 Challenger SRT-8 from them in the bright orange with black stripes. You wait 6 months for the car to finally arrive, only to be told, "We're sorry. A gentlemen found out we were taking delivery of a new orange/black Challenger and he just had to have it. He paid us $8,000 over sticker, so we sold it to him, " screwing you out of your long-awaited car.

I guess it's easier to place orders when you know someone else is on the hook for the money. If the car is only worth sticker, make the consumer buy it. If it's worth more, sell it out from under him. Why take a chance and order it yourself when you can use your customers as your shills?

I'm not going to name any names, but hypothetically, assuming the above two situations happened very recently, that is the MAXimum degree of sketchiness that a dealer could exhibit, in my opinion.
user_offline.gif
No that would never happen!That being said they sell that light blue and white stripe coupe in the 60's and I would forgive them quickly, so much for me being offended.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that story is true then this dealer deserves to be blacklisted by the whole community and should definately become a victim of the economy and go out of business!

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

I had a dealer( not the one talked about here) that tried to pull that same stunt with me. In Jan of 06, I had ordered a new 06 GC SRT 8. I had them put the price (MSRP)that we agreed on in the paper work. 4 months later, my Jeep showed up at the dealer. They tried to add another 10K to the price due to the Jeeps being a hot item then, but I had the original paperwork with the agreed on price. I paid MSRP and have never gone back to that dealer. Kinda funny how things have changed for the dealers now uh.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that story is true then this dealer deserves to be blacklisted by the whole community and should definately become a victim of the economy and go out of business!

Barbera Dodge in Philadelphia did this exact same thing to me on a 1998. I never went back. they lost a good customer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth