Feel-good post

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few weeks ago a colleague stopped me in the hall and asked if I would drive my car to his house for his son's 15th birthday. He was hoping I'd show the guys around the car and then give his son a ride.

My first question was, "Does he know cars?"

He assured me is son was an "enthusiast", with a bedroom full of diecast cars, including a large number of VIPERs. This sounded a lot like me (still have some of those cars).

I wasn't going to go out of my way on a Sunday morning for an unappreciative teenager, but this kid sounded fun. So, a couple weeks go buy and the day came. I drove to their house Sunday morning and the whole thing was a total surprise. His son had no clue who I was or why I was there. When he saw the car he went crazy!

I spent about 15 minutes showing them around the car. I talked about various changes throughout the production years, showed them the limited trunk space and the snap-in windows, and of course the engine. Then we hopped in and went for a drive.

The area was fairly residential, but I was able to get on it a few times and let the back end slide. I had a great time and I know my passenger did too.

If you get the chance to show a worthy teenager what a few years of hard work will earn you, go for it!

116.jpg

29.jpg

41.jpg

33.jpg

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have been involved in a couple of those too!

when i bought my car, i thought i was just buying a viper. but you soon find out that you are buying into a much bigger experience. :2tu:

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good for you. It's always fun showing off the car-especially to those who really appreciate it.

BoeingMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read this story and man do I feel good. :laugh:

You know my teenage son continues to bring freinds, both guys and gals, over to the house just to see my viper and my vette. Every now then I give them rides as well.

It's always nice to hear all the uuoohhs and aaahhs and wooohhs.

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was 17, I sent an email to a guy in the MD VCA asking him fora ride in his viper. I was building a viper themed website and that is how I found him. I offered to cut the guys lawn for a month for free. He declined the lawn mowings and took me for a ride anyway. It was a blast and I was thankful the guy did it for me. Some of you may actually know the guy. His name was Andy and at the time he had a red r/t 10 but later sold it and bought a b/w gts.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey man thats awesome. Thats very cool of you to do that. I love how alot .. well all the guys here that i know do things like this, it really makes ya feel good and shows that us viper guys aren't all snobby ya know. Gives us a good name.
Very cool of you!

So your the guy in the green shirt. It's good to match a name with a face on here.

OP
OP
S

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, green shirt, that's me. I'm the guy that doesn't look like a teenager...

I know I'm still young, but nothing shows you how much you've aged like standing next to teenagers.

one thing of note, they thought it was cool I had my iPod in the car.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know I'm still young, but nothing shows you how much you've aged like standing next to teenagers.

Yah i'm a young buck here also 25 yrs old. I also have the ipod setup! :2tu:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How much do you bench? LOL :2tu:

OP
OP
S

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bench 285 at the moment, doing alright for a guy that had a nasty back injury last year, I'm just getting back into it.

I couldn't be happier with those wheels. my wife picked the sizes (just happen to be Gen3 stock sizes) and I think that is what makes them look so awesome. the larger diameter rear really fills the wheel well better.

hopefully this post will inspire others to be friendly to a kid that may one day be a VCA member...

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice job!!! sounds like a good time.

I like the windows, what kind are they and how do you like 'em?

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kinda had an experience like this. A couple of years ago one of the CO VCA guys was having a lunch and cruise, and I asked if anyone would be willing to give me a ride. Dave (aka CO GTS) said he would. Greatest experience of automotive my life to date. That same day I got to ride in NOMERCY's pre-Heffner mamba, and I can say without a doubt that the GTS rules! Thanks again Dave!

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bench 285 at the moment, doing alright for a guy that had a nasty back injury last year, I'm just getting back into it.

I couldn't be happier with those wheels. my wife picked the sizes (just happen to be Gen3 stock sizes) and I think that is what makes them look so awesome. the larger diameter rear really fills the wheel well better.

hopefully this post will inspire others to be friendly to a kid that may one day be a VCA member...
Is that reps or your max? My max is 350lbs

OP
OP
S

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's a max right now, like I said, just getting back to the gym. let's talk again in May...

the windows are from V-mania, they and the hard top came with the car. they are especially good when the top is off and the rear window is out, smoothes the airflow and eliminates buffetting, looks cool too.

here a pic with windows and no top:

01.jpg

and another:

710709SEP_drive_013.jpg

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's very good stuff! You are a good man! It is funny, My son is 12 years old and he always has friends over the house, it is amazing to me their lack of interest in the car. They are more interested in my BMW, which I cannot understand. I really expected them to be MUCH MUCH more interested in the car. Everywhere i drive I get the jaw drops and comments/compliments left and right, but not from my son and his friends! has anyone else experienced this?

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was 17, I sent an email to a guy in the MD VCA asking him fora ride in his viper. I was building a viper themed website and that is how I found him. I offered to cut the guys lawn for a month for free. He declined the lawn mowings and took me for a ride anyway. It was a blast and I was thankful the guy did it for me. Some of you may actually know the guy. His name was Andy and at the time he had a red r/t 10 but later sold it and bought a b/w gts.

That would be Andy Levitt, ex-pres of our region. He is no longer a Viper owner, now into BMW Mini's and Lotus Elise. I had the pleasure of spending some time with him last summer at the IRL race in Richmond. Hope he comes back to our side some day.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62