Final 1993 Diamondback Viper Pictures... IT IS ALIVE!!!!

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:nana: 1993 Diamondback Viper :nana:

So here it is... finally. Done 98% and back on road.

I’ve posted few threads about the progress of my car and since Ed let the cat out of the bag with a “sneak preview”, I’m posting the final pictures of my 1993 GEN1 Viper.

After rear ending a Toyota Matrix in early January, the future of my Viper was very unclear. This was the same day AB wrecked his. The damage ($30.700) was sufficient enough for me to push insurance towards totaling the car, but I did not want the money or an opportunity to buy a newer GEN2 either. I was able to work with a great insurance adjuster Sean Ready (Allstate). Sean worked at Dodge dealership in PA previously and had experience with Vipers and Viper drivers. He understood what this car meant to me and instead of simply “junking” it; he listened my wishes and gave me an option to get it repaired. Dan Cole at Danny’s Automotive Gillett PA was working closely with Sean to insure all parts were included and there would not be any unforeseen surprises.
Once the insurance claim (and fines from local police department, $106 for careless driving after laying 550ft of black lines on asphalt) was settled, Dan started to proceed with the snake. :headbang:

Next 4 months I spent driving back and forth from Lancaster to Gillett to see and document the process. These months Dan was at his regular day job and evenings/nights working on my Viper. He was very patient with my every week changing plans varying from painting the car blue to red, with and without stripes and interior color changed from red to blue to black, to name few. :curse:

I would like to tank all who helped and made it possible to get my special Viper back in my garage looking better than ever before.

Special thanks:

:2tu: Roger at USExotics, Gettysburg, PA
- For the most awesome hood I’ve seen!

:2tu: JonB at PartsRack
- Autoform Lemans Facia
- Forgeline wheels and Michelin’s
- Vented cowl
- GTSR Roof scoop
- Ron Davis Radiator etc…..etc…..

:2tu: Chuck “Wizard” Tator:
- Mailing the Radiator support on the day he left to England
- Lots of little plugs and screw etc as well as technical assistance

:2tu: Paul Scharf
- Hood hinges, fender wells, headlights and other smaller/larger used items

:2tu: Sean Roe and Dave at Roe Racing
- Getting my VEC2 harness straightened out
- 8lbs pulley, plugs, + many other items

:2tu: VenomBlue550 (Ron)
- Chroming the SC tubes, housing, hood hinges
- SC Viper RT/10 emblems

And finally the man who cut, welded, straightened, painted, grinded, listened and did it all over again….

It is fantastic to have friends like Dan, Thanks Buddy!

:2tu: Dan Cole at Danny’s Automotive :2tu:
- For the framework, bodywork, stripes, paint, complete black leather interior, stereo, nuts and bolts, aluminum parts, plates and just about everything else I have left out and forgotten.

On January 4th I was mentally devastated due to the wreck and was not sure if I would have Viper again. This was my baby for 5 years and I spent most of my free time improving it or just wrenching it for the sake of stress therapy. Definitely cheaper and more fun than sitting at shrinks office. So the car meant a lot for me.
Wife and my 8 & 10 year old daughters call it “Daddy’s Girlfriend”.

Many VCA members contacted me and assured that something better will come out of this misfortune and you were right.
Thanks for the support! I am back as well as my favorite Snake!!!! :nana: :nana:

Lauri
(The fastest red Buggy in Amishland, Lancaster, PA)

:needpics:

And here's some pictures:

3114viper_01.jpg

3114viper_04.jpg

3114viper_03.jpg

3114viper_14.jpg

3114viper_18.jpg

3114viper_28.jpg

3114viper_37.jpg

3114viper_59.jpg

3114viper_43.jpg

3114viper_38.jpg

3114viper_56.jpg

3114viper_64.jpg

3114viper_71.jpg

3114viper_72.jpg

3114viper_83.jpg

3114DSCN4398-med.JPG

3114DSCN4393-med.JPG

3114DSCN4391-med.JPG

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absoultely the CLEANEST, NICEST, NO BETTER LOOKING Gen I I've ever seen in the past 11 years of my life. Period.

Good luck with it Lauri :2tu:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Gen3's started out looking like that... they wouldnt be able to build them fast enough. Looks awesome! :2tu:

...although cool, the interior is not quite what I would do

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If Gen3's started out looking like that... they wouldnt be able to build them fast enough. Looks awesome! :2tu:

...although cool, the interior is not quite what I would do

Easily!

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks incredible!!

I agree with others on the interior... stripes belong on exterior!!!

You're right. However I have 2 dashes, one red and one red with white stripes. It takes only 10 minutes to go from one to another.

Since I like rice, I decided to do something no one has done defore. Tasteless, maybe...
3114faggy.jpg

You can call me Uncle Ben! :bonker:

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took me a while but finally came up with this.

Thanks, COOL!!!
I'm just so fuc*in happy to have it back!!!
It got old quick to drive around in my old 1964 Galaxie Country Sedan. Not quite the same as Viper...

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hands down the wildest viper I've seen. The first two photos are killer. great photos overall and THAT MOTOR is......

....is there a word?

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome :2tu: hood just pops, very muscular looking, and car looks tough and ready to race stood still, like it's suctioned onto the road. Cool dash stripes too. Good to see car has the 'GO' to match the beautiful show. Nice job.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
WOW! :eek: Totally bad asp. Great job. The only thing I would add would be an Autoform rollbar to complete the **** look and give you some added safety. Love the Forgelines...great choice. In fact you've convinced me to get that wheel. JonB I'll be calling you on Monday!

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! :eek: Totally bad asp. Great job. The only thing I would add would be an Autoform rollbar to complete the **** look and give you some added safety. Love the Forgelines...great choice. In fact you've convinced me to get that wheel. Are they 18s or 19s? Jon B I'll be calling you on Monday!

They are 18's. 18x11' in front and 18x13" in back. JonB gave me a great deal!
I really wanted to to the Autoform rollbar, with door protection, but I simply run out of dough, no more to spend... It will get it this winter, since in PA we have long winters and nothing to do....
I'll hook up the Nitrous Express on it during next week. Oil puke can and some other items.

Awesome, and obviously a labor of love. Hope the last 2% includes aligning that hood! :)
Yes, still working on that one. It is a prototype, it for example does not have any water draining system for louvers. So if it rains, it rains on motor...
This was the way I wanted it from Roger. He wanted to do a drainage system etc, but I wanted a "raw" proto hood. I dont drive it in rain anyway, so who cares! Best of all, I see the motor through the hood louvers!!

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
WOW! :eek: Totally bad asp. Great job. The only thing I would add would be an Autoform rollbar to complete the **** look and give you some added safety. Love the Forgelines...great choice. In fact you've convinced me to get that wheel. Are they 18s or 19s? Jon B I'll be calling you on Monday!

They are 18's. 18x11' in front and 18x13" in back. JonB gave me a great deal!
I really wanted to to the Autoform rollbar, with door protection, but I simply run out of dough, no more to spend... It will get it this winter, since in PA we have long winters and nothing to do....
I'll hook up the Nitrous Express on it during next week. Oil puke can and some other items.

Thanks for the reply. I was actually editing out my question while you were responding since I got out my magnifying glass and read your tire size on your front wheel pic. However, you did anticipate my other question since I saw you had 285s up front I was wondering if you had 10s or 11s. You will love the rollbar. I had mine installed last week @ Bobby Archers in Ft. Worth. It is powder coated Viper red. I'll post some pics this weekend. I like your striped dash...something different! Really impressive what you did bringing your Gen 1 back to life. My wife got a kick out of your "Daddy's girlfriend" comment, however, she is also pissed at you now that I'll be buying the SX3s on Monday...LOL! :smirk:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks GREAT! :2tu:

I am sure you are in Heaven these days! You probably aren't too upset any more about the past damage! :D

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way, the car is beyond perfect

BUT.

If it had some cooler wheels, I think it would be completely insane. Like a big 5 spoke iforged 20's or maybe some ccw 505A's... those wheels are awesome but, id love to see somethign bigger and better on there.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way, the car is beyond perfect

BUT.

If it had some cooler wheels, I think it would be completely insane. Like a big 5 spoke iforged 20's or maybe some ccw 505A's... those wheels are awesome but, id love to see somethign bigger and better on there.

Please don't put 20", heavy rotating mass, poser wheels on that beast. :smirk:

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absoultely the CLEANEST, NICEST, NO BETTER LOOKING Gen I I've ever seen in the past 11 years of my life. Period.

Good luck with it Lauri :2tu:

I agree 100% I'm a Gts Kind of guy and that is the nices RT I have seen. Extremely good looking pics and setup

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth