Financial Statement V-10 Nationals

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people made some comments that is very troubling to me. I always want to clear the air and make sure people understand I do this event Becasue nobody else will. I Like to do everything to the Very Best of my ability. I could easily reduce the cost of awards by offering only cheap Trophy's or Plaques. I could also eliminate the personal Awards and give just 1st and 2nd Place. I choose to make it possible for everyone to walk away with something. Please keep this in Mind!

If those who support the race by attending and sponsoring this event. By the end of Next year this will be the Greatest event to attend for all Viper Owners!

V-10 Nationals Bowling Green, KY FInancial Statement

FYI

Track Rental $4980.00
Extra Track Help (Not worth It but Had to be paid) 600.00
Extra VHT (even though this was questionable) 440.00
Event Printing 360.00
Custom Awards 3300.00
T-shirts 1804.50
Volunteer Food (3 Days) 320.00
Misc. Expenses 250.00
Hotel for Volunteers 450.00

Total Expenses $12504.50

Total Sponsor Contribution (Not all collected) 4300.00
Entry Fee's 5100.00
T-shirt Sales 1600.00

Total Cash Income $11000.00

Event Balance - $ 1504.50
(Short fall covered by David Boggs)
(many times SPonsors do not follow through with promises made leaving a greater shortfall)

this does not include the uncountable hours of my time.

This is not a pitty party! Just a disclaimer of actual Event cost for those whom falsely accused me of Profitting from the event. all money that comes in to the event stays in the event. Im not sure what I would do if we made a profitt.

However, I do need help in pushing Sponsors and Vendors to step up to the plate! we need sponsors that want to give back to the viper COmmunitty with no strings attached!

if you have any questions or problems please let me know and I will be glad to answer them.

I apologize to all the racers at the event for the track conditions. I paid extra for VHT and was promised it was put down. I realize it was not the best conditions but that is racing. I did the very best I could do. I offered to pay more money for them to do it again, they told me they ran out of VHT. Nothing else could have been done.

I do these races becuase there is nothing for Viper owners who want to Drag race. I love to race! I want to race other Vipers! V-10 Nationals is the only place this happens!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David, it's great of you to post these numbers. Even if you did make a profit I wouldn't ***** about it. In fact, if anyone is ******** about it post their names and let the board blast them into oblivion.

The sponsors have now seen how active you are about getting their names out there. In the future require "payment before press." Maybe charge more to have a sponsor name on the many trophies awarded. You know, like "The V10 Nationals Doug Levin Trophies."

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a disclaimer of actual Event cost for those whom falsely accused me of Profitting from the event.

That ****** me off that anyone would do that. I hope it grows and you CAN make money from this. Nobody else was willing to give 100's of hours of their time and put up their own $$$. Rarely would you find a promoter that just wants a race to happen....they are doing it for the money. Anybody that has said this about David can KMA.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Screw people's thoughts on whether you profit - even if you made a couple of K on an event, given your time expenditure, you'd be better off going back to being a man-***** in your spare time.

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David,
I spoke to you about sponsorship and you said you would e-mail me some info...I am trying to get my dealer involved and I am planning on tossing in some money myself. It may not be much, but every dollar helps. The event was awesome. I can't believe people would think you were trying to make money on the event...it costs a lot to do something like this and you shouldn't have to take out of pocket money plus the countless hours you invested to make it happen. If that continues to happen, you will get tired of it and will quit doing it...I don't think anyone wants that to happen. Hopefully we can figure out a way to at least break even and continue to move foward with the events that we alrady have.
Thanks again,
Joe

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know first hand how much time it takes to set up an event, I did it in Bradenton to help David out and I LOVE drag racing Vipers. When you volunteer your time your business suffers in the form of lost income.

Secondly you pay the track expecting to get the services that you paid for.

Also anyone that has been to a busy track or a drag racing event knows how long you have to wait to race. These drag racing events are exclusive to Vipers and their tow vehicles.

The FEW that have ******* do not know how lucky the Viper community is to have David Boggs aka DR. ROOF. This has been from day 1 a FIRST class event!

Cudaman :usa:

Reaction score
David -

The track came up short on the VHT.... However, you did an unbelievable job to offset any deficiencies! I've been to many race events and this was by far one of the best! Absolutely not just a test-n-tune. This was a very special event. Most of all, we cannot leave out your family! They worked so hard as they always do. Your wife, friends, and even your brother is always there to offer a hand. This certainly was an event that came from your heart as well as a very big budget. From my own experience, I've found it very hard to offer a "labor of love" and do it so well and make it profitable.

Word will get out David, just give it time. Please don't change a thing.
You brought to the Viper community something that made our cars even more enjoyable.

Thanks again,

Doug

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the cost for sponsorship? :)

Clark Stegall is a indivual that is a sponsor.

I do not anything about him .....

but I would like to say THANK YOU :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :2tu: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the cost for sponsorship? :)

Clark Stegall is a indivual that is a sponsor.

I do not anything about him .....

but I would like to say THANK YOU :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :2tu: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Second that! Thanks to Clark. He's not even selling anything, just supporting. :2tu:

well said!!!

there are 3 Individuals that produce more than the other sponsors combined! without them it would not happen. two of them remain silent but they know the appreciation I have to them!

Clark has been there since Day one! with absolutely nothing to gain. nor does the other two individuals that persoanlly contribute.

thanks for the supports guys!

I just want to make sure the air is clear!!!

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David,I too overheard more than once about the profit you must be making. How anyone that can afford a Viper could possibly think that 40 entrants at 100.00 each was a sufficient amount of money to operate is beyond belief.

I appreciate everything you are doing for the Drag Racers who seem to be the "Redheaded Stepchildren" of the VCA.

Please e-mail me the address and I will send you an additional 100.00 for the last event. It was definitely worth the extra amount to me.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dr. Roof,
congrats, when ever you do something because you love, then people ? this and that and it p*sses you off...

I never drag raced, and i dont even have my viper at this point anymore. but it is great to see viper events out there.
Congrats again
and thanks for doing it!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I missed BG, but anyone thats crying because they felt you might make a profit off the deal, need to piss off. I dont see people complaining when a vendor makes a profit, that usually has to happen for them to stay around. Shoot by your numbers you losing money, so your not a vendor your a non profit organization, thats giving out goodwill !!

Congrats David, you have a great thing going, and I could care less if you make a profit, I actually wish you would !!

Jon

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
David, Your honesty and integrity is commendable! It's a shame that some feel there's always an alernate motivation.

Great Job!

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David
Keep on keep-n on and forget the talkers that is all they are. The ones that start false rumors at work, talk behind there friends backs they have nothing better to do. The same guys that shop at walmart and think the world is out to get them.

Your statement about doing the races because no one else will is false David. Well it is partially true, NO ONE ELSE HAS HAD SUCCESS RUNNING THIS EVENT OR FAILED WHEN THEY TRIED TO, No one else has made more than 1 race before failure or bailing out, failure in the past came in the planning stage. You are the only one that has been able to put this plan together. Your level of commitment has shown at every event, :headbang: Thank you. So in a way you are right about no one else will.

We at the Viper community support and applaud your efforts, GREAT JOB as always. :2tu:

Rohn

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David,
I haven't been to any of your events, but wanted to say thank you for making them available. Anyone with a half a brain could see you are not doing it to make money. Please don't let a couple of idiots take that passion away.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good idea about trophies with sponsors name. The DLM trophy, the RSI trophy. A special trophy offered by a or the tuners, Sell the spot but collect first.

What about sending the sponsor a contract to support before the race. Invoice them and if not paid post the names of the sponsors that had promised and had not come through. A 6 race contract in payments owed 20 days before the race.
Do not print a name on a promise, cash up front.

Next race reserve hotel space for the non-paying tuners 30 miles from the track, punishment.

rohn

GTS-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David-

That was a great event. Thank you for your time and effort. You and your family deserve a big round of appluase. I wish you would have made something for yourself. Your time is valuable too and it's my opinion that you should pay yourself for your work.

Rob

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David,

I am very upset to hear of this issue.........Please post the names of the guilty parties.

BTW, the $ 500.00 that I won for the street tire shootout......put that towards my sponsorship of upcoming events!

Let me know what else I can do.

Tom

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David
Keep on keep-n on and forget the talkers that is all they are. The ones that start false rumors at work, talk behind there friends backs they have nothing better to do. The same guys that shop at walmart and think the world is out to get them.

Your statement about doing the races because no one else will is false David. Well it is partially true, NO ONE ELSE HAS HAD SUCCESS RUNNING THIS EVENT OR FAILED WHEN THEY TRIED TO, No one else has made more than 1 race before failure or bailing out, failure in the past came in the planning stage. You are the only one that has been able to put this plan together. Your level of commitment has shown at every event, :headbang: Thank you. So in a way you are right about no one else will.

We at the Viper community support and applaud your efforts, GREAT JOB as always. :2tu:

Rohn

I absolutely support what Rohn stated so much that it merits repeating! Additionally, the mention of your family kicking in their personal time to volunteer! Great people like You, Your Family, and other Great Supporters make Great events! Congratulations on a successful event.

Jay :2tu: K.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I was unable to attend, I heard VERY nice things about this event from several friends who attended. One of these people had never drag raced before and could not stop talking about what a great time he had!! This is what it's all about in my opinion!! Thanks to all for the hard work to make this happen!!....Kurt

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David,

I am very upset to hear of this issue.........Please post the names of the guilty parties.

BTW, the $ 500.00 that I won for the street tire shootout......put that towards my sponsorship of upcoming events!

Let me know what else I can do.

Tom

What an awesome offer, Tom you are one of a kind! Now I don't feel so bad about getting beat by ya :2tu: Way to go!

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I was unable to attend, I heard VERY nice things about this event from several friends who attended. One of these people had never drag raced before and could not stop talking about what a great time he had!! This is what it's all about in my opinion!! Thanks to all for the hard work to make this happen!!....Kurt

First, Kurt's comment above says it all. Most of us consider you to be our HERO when it comes to bringing organized drag racing to Viper owners. Don't get discouraged by a few whining comments...... there will always be people who want to "bring down" someone successful.

Second, it was VERY classy of you to post your financials for the world to see. I see NOTHING wrong with them at all. In fact, you are almost dead on with what it cost to run the VCA's pre-VOI.7 drags there at the same track. If that one had been a 2-day affair like yours...... the numbers would have been exactly the same. Nice job!!!!!! and...... PLEASE ...... keep doing it!!!

:2tu:

Jcoopacr2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks David for a first class event.Sorry about the few who complained.Why cant national VCA help with your events? Who better as a $5000. sponser? I would like to see their finanantial statement. Thanks again, keep up the good work!!