FINSHED! Pics of RT-10 with custom roll bar, stripes, spoiler and wheels!

Landspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I finally got pics up of the beast.
Heres the story on the car,
I plan to do a major horsepower upgrade very soon, so I want the car to look mean. I really liked the Shelby Series 1 with the silver/maroon stripes, so I went ahead and got the stripes installed (I think it looks great, everyone I've talked to likes the look too), what do you think?
I also wanted a roll bar but was unsatisfied with the ones currently available (too skinny piping and too high)so I had BLAK Racing (a little perofrmance shop in Dallas) do the work, i got really fat chrome piping, and it all bolts up to stock screw holes in the car. I dont think it has a "point" rating but I dont think they would question me if they saw it. If anyone likes the bar I can give you the number to BLAK, he gave me a fantastic price (considering he had to custom make it)

I also got the stock wheels chromed, this made a huge diffrence, Id suggest for anyone who likes the stock design Viper wheel this is a must.

The side exhaust kit is from Autoform. had Borla cat-back so instead of letting the system go to waste I had the Borla mufflers put on the side exhaust, it sounds really good too!
The wing is also from Autoform, I wanted the "lip" spoiler look the GTS has.
Overall the car looks so much more mean. Anyway heres the pics

ALL PICS MOVED TO POST BELOW THIS ONE!
ALL PICS MOVED TO POST BELOW THIS ONE!

Oh incase you were wondering about HOLD-EM, Im a big poker nut. :D

The pics were taken at a friends house, the other cars in the last picture are 2002 Z06, and a 2001 Porsche Carerra C2, the Zo6 has a 20k dollar system, I have pics of it if anyone wants them,
well what do ya think?
:cool:

LotsaHP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here ya go landspeed. Looks good!
You must be registered for see images

Scott E. Smith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW looks great! I'm actually having my viper painted right now...black cherry pearl metallic it's going to have ghost stripes in a marblized finish. I have the same rear spoiler also the front splitter. I like your stripe color. just curious I can't see the roll bar real well....does it extend over the drivers head? to be nhra legal I believe it has to be 3" above the head. but if your not drag racing it ...ok i guess.looks great!

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is WOW!!!

Makes me want to put stripes on my RT. That is the first RT with stripes that I like, usualy they dont look good with em.

PS. Any chance of getting some larger pics? And pictures with the top off? If you can that would be great.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a cool combo you went with I assume that is an Autoform spoiler. I have been thinking about one. Would also like to see a pic with the top off.

OP
OP
L

Landspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments. Yes I will have bigger better pictures with the top off this weekend after I Zaino it. The sun makes the stripes look great, cant wait for this weekend

Scott, cant wait to see your paintjob, the bar doesent extend over the drivers seat, looking at the fron of the car the roll bar goes around the outline of the top of the seats, looks was the main thing, are the people at the tracks strict about this kinda stuff (like do they inspect the "roll cage" if you say it is a 4 point?

Russ, mine came solid silver from the factory and I've always felt it needed something to make it stand out, boy did stripes do the trick! I used to have a big blue Viper decal on the front of the hood but it was kinda tacky looking.

J.Smith, Yes it is an Autoform spoiler, I too was weary about getting one but now wouldnt have it any other way, Its definitely worth buying.

Craig, thank you

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool car, got to be the sweetest RT/10 I have ever seen.

Love the colours and the body changes set it off a treat.

Great car.
:cool: :usa: :cool:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Burgundy stripes look great!

The only part that I don't like is the big BLAK Racing label on the side of the car. Maybe it would look OK smaller on the rear bumper or under the Viper name on the side of the hood. Or even as a banner at the top of the windshield if you have to put it on the car.

But everything else works quite nicely from lowering the car, to the polished wheels and rear spoiler. Nice.

-Dean.

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure you hear this a million times on the road, but I have to ask, what does the license plate "Hold-Em" mean? Are you a bail bonds man?

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great color combination. I've always liked the Shelby Series 1 with the Silver and Maroon stripe combination. One of the pictures shows that you have the rear exhaust. I thought the car had the Autoform side exhaust? Unless I misread your original post. If your car has side exhaust then why have the rear exhaust as well? I also agree that you might want to shrink and move the BLAK racing sticker to another location. Just my $.02 but I think the billboard sticker "cheapens" the look of such an awesome car. Sometimes "less" is "more" Congratulations, you have a great looking car.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure you hear this a million times on the road, but I have to ask, what does the license plate "Hold-Em" mean? Are you a bail bonds man?

He posted "Oh incase you were wondering about HOLD-EM, Im a big poker nut."

Vipersrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Landspeed, I take it your not a North Texas VCA member?

Saturday's the monthly meeting and it's suppose to be 75 degrees with 0% chance for rain....

Great day to show it off........

I'm planning to attend my first "meeting" - didn't know if you were part of the group or not.....

OP
OP
L

Landspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again, for those who asked yes I have both exhausts on the car, the side exhaust is the only one which works, but I pulled the full system from the back and it looks horrible with just a hole being there, I ordered a really cool looking back exhaust cover plate from the North Texas VC and it is taking them forever to make it.

Yeah I know this sticker looks gaudy but the guy who made my roll bar's shop is small and unknown, so I am acting like a rolling advertisment, Ill probably take it off sometime this month or next.

Geoff, I know I had about 1/2 inch of clearing, way to close.

Vipersrule, Yes I am and I will be there, I think you'll like the North Texas Viper Club very much, hollar at me if I get there before you, my name is Gary.

Anthony, all my space is taken up, so If anyone has free hosting space I canpost them. I can email the pics if you want.
Also,If anyone else has questions Id be happy to answer them.

picflight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anthony, all my space is taken up, so If anyone has free hosting space I canpost them. I can email the pics if you want.
Also,If anyone else has questions Id be happy to answer them.

I have space, email me your pics, I will post for you.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
are the people at the tracks strict about this kinda stuff

First I gotta say I love the combo. When I was reading your first post I was thinking a lighter wine colour, but after the pics posted I am impressed. Very unique.

Second, I have to say it depends on how judging at the track. I've seen open top cars run under 14s (the time set at MIR last year) without a roll bar at my local strip and no one seemed to care. MIR was kicking people off the track for violating this rule. If you get a good guy/gal on a light open track day they may forgive the 3inch rule, but in actual competition you can forget it.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
excellent pics and upgrades, ive been thinking about those same color combos for over a year. now that someone beat me to it, i gotta go in a different direction. looks great.

in your opinion (since youve had both on the same car) which exhaust sounds better the side or the rear?

i got to get the rollbar, nice touch