FIRST LOOK AT MGW BILLET ASHTRAY(REPLACEMENT)

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys,

well i am finally about done with the ashtray slash coin holder for the viper. i really do not think it would be a good idea to use these as ashtrays hence the ashtray replacement remark.
You must be registered for see images

they are fully machined base and lid. the bases will be hard coat black anodized and the lids will have the satin or polished chrome finish. the only options for logos will be the 6 speed gear pattern or no logo at all.

these are probably the most expensive ashtrays on earth but i really just wanted to make them as cool as the other stuff and what the hell the cars cost over 50k

the cutout is pretty trick as it allows both driver and passenger to grab to open easily. look at your ashtray now with the ebrake down and you will see what i mean. also it allows you to drop coins in it without lifting the lid every time.

here are some pics of one unplated. they should be ready in about 3 weeks. price 95.00...

regards
george

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It'll look great with all the other stuff I have from MGW, consider me in line for another great looking piece.

Now .. what's next? How about a trim ring for that shifter base?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Heh, George, Adelberg and I have teamed up to have you send a custom asptray to our semi-good friend, Mumchevy. Please send him one in the satin finish and make sure it reads-----------PD321 !!! We are sure this will cause him confusion, and we will both be able to kick his asp on the track. Thanks for your help.

Jon 98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happened to reverse, Bill? I mean, if you can make Mumfy's car go backwards, that would increase your's and Ken's chances of beating him...

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jon 98GTS:
What happened to reverse, Bill? I mean, if you can make Mumfy's car go backwards, that would increase your's and Ken's chances of beating him...
[/QUOTE

George,
Please read Jon's post and make Paul's a six speed too...........................PRD321 ! In Kneebraska we don't need reverse, as we are already backwards.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Count me in George! Great idea! I'll take one with the shift pattern and satin finish!

YOU ARE DA MAN!

P.S. May I suggest a piece of foam or rubber inside so the change doesn't jingle or vibrate?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What a great idea....especially the shift-pattern on the lid !
You guys must all be creative geeneeeusses !

As a bonus, the last vestige of K-car is GONE !

( Now, if we could just get rid of the Renault parts......)

JonB

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey JonB, what's wrong with Renault! One of the cars on my Driveway is a Renault.... what do you have to sell?? Hahahaaa.
/JP

OP
OP
M

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
once again i would like to take credit for this idea but jon b had come up with this idea 4 years ago. good thing he wasn't waiting for a lung transplant from me

joe,

i actually played around with all types of floors to see which worked best and to be honest as soon as you have any more than 1 or 2 coins they will rattle with each other and the foam does not help. what we are doing is making a black delrin insert for the floor that has a built in stop for the lid. that way there is no metal to metal clanging and there is no rubber or foam to slide or wear out. i think it will work pretty good. i drove around with about 20 coins in it and it really made very little noise.

of course i do have a viper and an rt10 at that so i have alot of competing noises

george

Relentless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi George:
The ashtray looks really trick!! By the way, I just received your license plate frame, A/C knobs and lighter and all I can say is WOW! great workmanship and quality. I'm sure that the ashtray will be on my want list as well.

Regards, Paul
2001 R/T 10 Sapphire blue
1998 BMW M3 Convertible

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave