Florida Water - SO DAMN HARD!

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
I imagine anyone south of Tampa without a water softener knows what I'm talking about.

I washed my Viper today, it's black, and when I finished, it literally looked worse than before I started, with hard water deposits all over it.

Aside from installing a water softener or using gallons of Zephyrhills to wash the car, does anyone know how to get rid of these freaking things? Is there some additive I can put in the wash bucket to reduce/eliminate hard water deposits?

Thanks!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about additives but the Mr. Clean system that goes on the end of your hose is supposed to remove all that gunk. Correct me if I am wrong..........but be gentle.

Allan88

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I imagine anyone south of Tampa without a water softener knows what I'm talking about.

I washed my Viper today, it's black, and when I finished, it literally looked worse than before I started, with hard water deposits all over it.

Aside from installing a water softener or using gallons of Zephyrhills to wash the car, does anyone know how to get rid of these freaking things? Is there some additive I can put in the wash bucket to reduce/eliminate hard water deposits?

Thanks!

When you wash your Viper do it in the shadow, and after wort use a leaf blower or pressurize air to dry it. Don't let the water dry on the car.
When it is dry and clean, spray it with Plexus plastic cleaner or similar spray on detailer.
then you will get that deep wet look, with no spots left on the paint.
I do it every time I wash my car,.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a CR Spotless system. Works as advertised....no spots. It may seem a bit pricey upfront, but I cannot imagine not having one now. I use the time I would have spent drying for other detailing duties, like applying Z8, vaccuming, etc

FWIW, a water softener merely replaces hard water ions with soft ions...in most cases
salt or potassium.

To eliminate spots you need a de-ionizer that removes Total Dissolved Solids, or TDS. The Spotless system is just that.

Softened water may give you some more time to dry...but will not eliminate spotting.

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried that filter from Griot's and I could not tell any difference. Waste of money IMO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456