Fog lights and driving lights on at the same time?

seethat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen some pictures of Vipers out there with their fog lights and driving lights on at the same time. Mine has the DRL activated (Canada) so the fog lights turn on when the handbrake is released. They turn off when I turn on the driving lights. Is there a way to have them both on at the same time?

I called my local dealership and they told me to bring the car in because there is possibly a short in the electrical system causing my fog lights to turn off when the driving lights are on. I don't believe that for a second so if someone has concrete information about this, I can advise them otherwise.

Thank you.

rjsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Make sure your brights are not on. As they will disabled the fog lights.

OP
OP
S

seethat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have to verify that, but the brights indicator doesn't come on from the console so I doubt they are on. And you would think I'd get flashed all the time if I was driving with my brights on at night (never been flashed).

OP
OP
S

seethat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you BLK04, that's exactly what I was looking for. I didn't even know about that feature. :)

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
pull out & rotate the very end of the signal light stock...that is your fog lamp switch

That's EXACTLY what I was going to tell you yesterday but I thought you had looked in the owners manual already.
To be honest with you, it took me a while to even bother to open up the manual as I just wanted to drive! :D

OP
OP
S

seethat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had my car for about 3 years now and didn't even know. I went through the owner's manual when I first got the car, but I guess I missed that part. lol

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's EXACTLY what I was going to tell you yesterday but I thought you had looked in the owners manual already.
To be honest with you, it took me a while to even bother to open up the manual as I just wanted to drive! :D
This is one of the advantages we have over Ferarri, and the like. You can buy a new Viper, get in and go, then read the manual later. Those other cars, I think you gotta read the instructions first. -there are a thousand buttons and switches on the steering wheel to make it go.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had mine for 2 years and just noticed it has a radio in it. Maybe one day I'll turn it on.

Nah.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car has a radio in it also. I don't understand why. -when the windows are down, I have 'stereo exhaust' and I just listen to that.

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know what you mean, I sent my car to the dealer and when it got serviced my fog lamps started to work when the handbrakes are down but when the lights are on so are my fog lights so its on all the time.

I took it back to the dealer and they fixed it, I think they can do that by connecting to the dodge controller, the one they use to find any codes and change other settings in the car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper