Followup to VCA Calendar: Changing Wallpaper Program!

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've finally gotten around to writing this application that changes your Windows wallpaper on a schedule (like every 10 minutes, but you can change that).

I'm doing up a couple that use the Viper photos I have; but it occured to me that maybe a good version for the VCA Board would be one with all the photos used in the calendar that Chris and the others put together.

If you think that would be a good idea, let me know. I'll host the images on my site (the program actually polls my server for a list of available files and downloads the next wallpaper from it - letting us update the list of photos at any time and not requiring any updates to the user!)

I'll have a sample for people to check out shortly.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How taxing is that app on the system? Even with a gig of RAM and about 2 gigahertz cpu speed, I need all the power I can get... but I'd still like to try something like that out.

OP
OP
P

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll get the final stats when we do Final builds; right now its using Debug mode for testing. But it should be pretty small - the only time it uses any real processing is when it is downloading the images from our server; so you might not want to have it change every 10 minutes.

OP
OP
P

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres my test program - it uses images from my 2000 Steel Grey Roadster:

http://www.extremebikini.com/software/SS.zip

It only contains a single executable that will create two files on your computer. You can just run it by double clcking on the executable.

This will give you an idea of what the program will do when I am finished.