Forbes - Fastest Cars of 2006

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of those cars are 4 times the value of the Viper. I would really like to see a valid comparison based on a certain price range.
Patrick

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of those cars are 4 times the value of the Viper. I would really like to see a valid comparison based on a certain price range.
Patrick

Then we can read about how the Viper takes second place to the Z06 yet again.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Patrick

Then we can read about how the Viper takes second place to the Z06 yet again.

What must they be saying over at the Ferrari F430 Spider forum?

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUOTE:

"Then we can read about how the Viper takes second place to the Z06 yet again. "

Hell the viper is a ton more money out the door than the vette. They are not in the same price range. And what really bugs me is this guy I know who is always saying how the vette beats the viper. He shuts up when I tell him that dodge did not have to build a special Viper as GM did with the Z06 to beat the viper. I told him that maybe someone should run the compition coupe against the Z06. He did not have much to say.

OP
OP
N

NOTVETTE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well said! Very true and that being said, the Viper convertible still outperforms the Vette convertible since there is only a coupe version of the Z06.

I might disagree with you on the pricing though, especially after GM's $4k increase on the '07 Z06 MSRP effective 7/26. That, plus the $7k to $10k "market adjustment" most Vette dealers are adding on, puts it in the same price range as what a new Viper can be bought for.

Eagle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Viper was also designed 4 years ago, and the motor is unchanged since then. Just like a computer the technology becomes old in that amount of time. .02 Eagle

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper was also designed 4 years ago, and the motor is unchanged since then. Just like a computer the technology becomes old in that amount of time. .02 Eagle

Ditto. That's what I'm talken bout :)

OP
OP
N

NOTVETTE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
True. Today, if you are standing still, you are really going backwards and don't know it.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
QUOTE:

"Then we can read about how the Viper takes second place to the Z06 yet again. "

Hell the viper is a ton more money out the door than the vette. They are not in the same price range. And what really bugs me is this guy I know who is always saying how the vette beats the viper. He shuts up when I tell him that dodge did not have to build a special Viper as GM did with the Z06 to beat the viper. I told him that maybe someone should run the compition coupe against the Z06. He did not have much to say.

I disagree.

Right now, a Viper Convertible is virturally the same price as a fixed roof Z06. Even GM, in fact EVERYONE except DC, values convertibles more highly than targas, T-tops, or coupes. I bought my '04 SRT for $72.5k a year ago and I don't think they are going for more since then- I've seen some go in the sub $70K range. The Z06's sticker at about $70K, and are selling at or above sticker. If you consider a convertible is generally sells for $2-$10K above coupes/targas/T-tops. I don't think there is any way you can say:

"Hell the viper is a ton more money out the door than the vette."