Ford GT comparison

kenbrackins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though the FGT is iconic and one of my all time favorites, if you have a Viper, don't feel like you are missing out on the driving experience. Especially the older ones that require skill to keep them in the road. Smoke some tires, be safe, have fun and keep it between the lines- for the most part anyway.

Last edited:

Paul Choukourian

VCA Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Ford GT Heritage (with pulley, tune and x pipe exhaust) and a 2000 Viper with Roe Supercharger, tune, Corsa Exhaust and 3.31 gear.

The performance is similar, both incredibly fast, but the GT is actually smoother to drive. Better feeling clutch in GT. More comfortable interior in Viper.

They both get attention but the GT is like a unicorn. I took it the other day to Grocery store and when I came out there was about 15 people around the car and taking photos. Every time I drive it I notice people driving next to me and taking a video.

That being said, there is no better car for the money right now than the GEN 1 and GEN 2 Vipers. At some point soon, these things are going to shoot up big time in value. Look at what is happening to the Supras then think about a limited production, handmade American V10 super car with an insanely beautiful and wild body.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I owned a Gen three Mamba and subsequently won the 09 VOI Raffle car ( currently at BJs). The GT which I currently own,provides for a more ergonomical driving experience. Cabin is wide and functional for tall people. You can’t beat the Ricardo transmission for smoothness and durability. Two fun cars but different in many respects.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave