Forgeline Wheels; great customer service

JayW1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to report a positive experience with Forgeline Wheels. After researching the major wheel companies I found fewer negative comments about Forgeline than the others. Consequently, I ordered a set of SP3P wheels (20x13 rear and 19x10.5 fronts) with PS2 rubber. I wanted something a little different and decided to get “gold” centers. Well, after the wheels arrived I could tell they were not going to achieve the look I was after. I put them on the car hoping that the appearance would improve and also to check the fitment of the large PS2’s. They fit perfectly, but I was almost embarrassed to drive the car due to the center color. I sent an E-mail to Forgeline explaining the bad decision that I had made asking what my options were at this point. David Schardt returned my E-mail promptly understanding my situation and offered to disassemble my wheels and re-powdercoat the centers at a very reduced rate even though it was my mistake. Bottom line, my wheels were re-coated and returned with no problems or hassle and I am much happier with the new color. Next time I will make better use of photo shop but I am just glad Forgeline made this a smooth process limiting the cost of my poor decision.

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience! Forgeline is a top-notch organization...Nice to hear David took care of you. Experiences like that is what makes people customers for life...

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let me add to this. A couple of years ago I bought a set of track rims from another Viper guy. The first time out I had a bolt failure, I actually thought a nut had come off at first. I called and they sent me a handful of nuts and bolts no charge. The next event I notice I had a couple of additional failures. When I called they wanted the rims back to inspect them and replace all the bolts. I explained I was not the original owner but knew the history of where they had been bought and used. They still took care of everything and recertified the wheels. Haven't had an issue since....well not with the wheels anyway ;)

Venum S 1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been dealing with Forgeline for a week now and they are nothing but top notch people to deal with. They sent me a paint sample free and I even sent them a bunch of pictures of my car to get their opinions on centers. Jay how well do the 335-30-20's fit? I have heard some people complain about rubbing. I have a stock suspensioned Gen II. Thanks Mike

OP
OP
J

JayW1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been dealing with Forgeline for a week now and they are nothing but top notch people to deal with. They sent me a paint sample free and I even sent them a bunch of pictures of my car to get their opinions on centers. Jay how well do the 335-30-20's fit? I have heard some people complain about rubbing. I have a stock suspensioned Gen II. Thanks Mike

I had heard the same thing before I bought mine so I was a little nervous. My wheels do not rub at all but there is very little clearance in the front of the rear wheel well. I am sure there is some variability among Gen II vipers in the plastic pieces that make up the wheel well and this might be why some rubbing occurs but as far as I can tell, no other areas are even close to rubbing. It looks like I could even lower the car without any issues (and I probably will).

OP
OP
J

JayW1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember the pics. Lets see pics of the new color...

Before and after:

You must be registered for see images attach

Big improvement in my opinion, looks much meaner.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much better. Love it. Great combination. I have to give you credit for trying something original first.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol...wife was looking over my shoulder and said "gold looks stupid" hahaha.

hey, they look really good now.:2tu:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Good decision changing from the gold.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62