Found a cleaner for exhaust residue on rear bumper!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For anyone with exhaust residue on the rear bumper, I finally found something that works! Its called Bar Keeper's Friend. Its really cheap ($1.50/can) and works great. Pour on a rag (its a powder like substance), dilute it and rub on the affected area (its takes a little elbow grease), but it will get the residue off with no side effects to the paint! Me and my detail guy had tried for a long time to find anything that would work--including some expensive "guaranteed" stuff that ended up being useless. He just bought a can on a whim one day and said he wanted to try it. Success! :D To find a dealer, go here: Where to Buy Bar Keepers Friend | All Purpose Cleaner and click what state you live in.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chad, my business is right next to a auto detailer. They have this solution that is called disappear. As you know I get a LOT of exhaust crap all over my bumper bc I am running so rich. With this disappear all I have to do is spray it on when the car is dry and wipe off. It's like using windex on a window. Spray on and wipe off. Then I apply wax on the area that I used the disappear on. It's amazing how well this works.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chad, my business is right next to a auto detailer. They have this solution that is called disappear. As you know I get a LOT of exhaust crap all over my bumper bc I am running so rich. With this disappear all I have to do is spray it on when the car is dry and wipe off. It's like using windex on a window. Spray on and wipe off. Then I apply wax on the area that I used the disappear on. It's amazing how well this works.

hook a brutha up yo.... :)

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me see if I can get it out of him where he gets it from. I have been using it all year with no problems at all. He uses it on all of his customers cars. Just have to remember to put some wax back on as it will take the old wax off I am sure.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is this the stuff??? It would seem to be a little strong but i need something as well.
removed link.

Last edited:

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No does not look like it. Mine is clear. This stuff is strong so I mix some water with it. Will see if I can get a website address for it.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been using barkeepers friend for years. It is a very very fine scouring power. Works fantastic on stainless sinks and tops.

I get mine at Home Depo. The stuff is dirt cheap.

Little worried about using it on painted surfaces, but may be kind of like a polishing compound.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been using barkeepers friend for years. It is a very very fine scouring power. Works fantastic on stainless sinks and tops.

I get mine at Home Depo. The stuff is dirt cheap.

Little worried about using it on painted surfaces, but may be kind of like a polishing compound.

Hey Paul, I was worried as well. We 1st put it on my car prob 6 months ago and about 2 months ago I did it again and still no damage to the paint. I waited to mention it on the forum to be sure my paint didn't start to turn pink or flake off after time :) Jon's "Disappear" stuff may be the safer route for those nervous, but I've had no negative side effects from the bar keeper's friend.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I removed link...i just dont want anything that removes paint.
I always put some spray wax on after removing the exhaust residue but if i leave the exhaust residue on too long, its tough to get off.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The good thing about this disappear that I use is you just wipe off. No elbow grease at all.

I found the website. They do not have it on their site but if you call you can get a whole gallon for like $8!! ha That would take you forever to use it all as you need to mix it with water. Plus you would only be using it on the rear bumper.

Welcome to K-Chemicals

Please use at your own risk! I have been using this for the last year with no problems. The detail shop next door has been using it for years with no problems but use at your own risk! I just would not let it sit on your car for long. Spray on dry bumper then wipe off and spray off with water. Add wax and you are done. Also works good on carpet stains.... :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62