Fourth of July "BURNOUTS!!"

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Fourth of July \"BURNOUTS!!\"

Nothing like a little Americana, to make you realize how lucky we all are to have all our blessings, plus ownership of a Viper. Had a good friend of mine, here at the office, invite me to participate in his small town's ( pop. 1100 ) 4th of July Parade.
We tooled up the road in the 98 GTS and stopped over at his house for a some Middle-America socializing prior to the event. Around 4:30 pm we went over to the High School, checked in, and waited out in the practice field for our turn in line. Half the folks congregated for the parade, wandered over to the Red Snake, and we answered the hundreds of questions we all have been asked before.The town, though small, draws many of the other surrounding bergs for the festivities, and close to 3,000 folks were expected to be present. We were throwing candy right and left, but the most common request was to, " ROLL EM OVER! " After judicously pulling over to give our Uniformed friends some candy, we asked what they thought about a few Snake-Screens?? With the blessing of Lyons, Nebraska's finest, we commenced to do a little " Fire in the Hole," ourselves. The old brick streets were great for noise and smoke, and the applause was typical down home and raucous. After about 14-16 blocks we pulled onto the back street and parked over at our friend's house. After a brief pause to finally have a little liquid refreshment , we headed to the park for the FireMan's Feed, and all the other activities one expects to have at a small town celebration ( talent show, minature golf, antique appraisal fair, food, games, Bluegrass Band, and later the Fireworks show ). After numerous pats on the back to congratulate us for the great burnouts, we realized how much fun everyone was having at this simple,open affair. We left with a real old fashioned sense of America, and we hope next year to drag up the NE/IA VCA members and really put on a show.

PS - We actually had more fun than the spectators, and it was the perfect day for any Viperholic.

dmora

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Fourth of July \"BURNOUTS!!\"

thats probably one of the only times where it would be OK to do a burn out.
At local street races every little skid mark with a honda, mustang, or some old ****** wants to do a burn out. Well, it ****** me off, because then the cops come and make us dispurse. I find it thoroughly childish, and very expensive waste of tire. I can make my mom's minivan do a crazy FWD burnout. Whoopty doo....

HOWEVER... If its at an appropriate place and time... like post above it would be kinda cool.
smile.gif

Hope everyone had a happy 4th.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R