pass2.jpg

pass3.jpg

pass4.jpg

pass5.jpg

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: Frank Parise\'s Comp Coupe delivery

Tony, thank you very much for taking the time to post these photos for me. I need to learn how to do this myself.

This is exactly how my Comp Coupe arrived. It obviously needs to be painted.

The front fascia is the same rubber piece that is used on the SRT-10. It is shiny black.

The front splitter, both side sills, rear wing, and rear diffuser are carbon fiber and look really sweet just as they come. There is really no need to even paint these pieces, although I'll be painting the side sills and rear wing.

The doors, engine hood, roof, rear close-out panel are a mixture of carbon fiber, glass, gel, nomex. kevlar, etc. They are grey in color and require the most amount of work in preparation for paint.

The rear close-out panel looks funky in the picture because the taillight and reverse light lenses are not installed (actually there aren't reverse tail lights, just a place to fit the lens cover). They come loose in a box and are installed with silicon after your paint job is complete.

The entire chassis from top to bottom and inside and out is painted a light/medium gray, similar to a Navy ship.

The interior looks like very serious business and includes nothing other than what is needed to race. It's very impressive.

The center console is carbon fiber and very impressive looking with several extra toggle switches available for power hookups. All toggle switches are labeled.

The steering wheel is a pop-off and the column is adjustable up and down.

The race seat is unique with large lateral head supports and it's fastened to the car better than any I have ever seen. It has a red snakehead on it, as does the gear shift knob and window net latch.

The dead pedal is adjustable as well as the other three pedals.

The roof duct is plumbed into two adjustable HVAC ducts installed on the inside roof of the car so that the airflow coming inside can be regulated in terms of volume and direction.

The fire bottle and car battery are fastened to the passenger footwell inside the car.

The fuel cell area (rear compartment) is entirely sealed and separated from the cockpit with a windowed heavy metal wall.

My hands are tired..will add more details later. :D

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score

that looks so scary even without the paint, i absolutely think its amazing that DC built this kind of machine for the viper guys.

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Frank for taking the time to provide us with all the information about the car.
As well as, thank you Tony for posting the pictures for him.
Keep us updated, it is appreciated.

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score

That car looks just down right HUNGRY for some nasty snacks (vettes, porches, etc)

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Some more tidbits on the car...

Referring to the photos posted by Tony above.....

The two orange cannisters up front, one on each side, are Moton double adjustable shocks. The bump control is adjusted using a dial located on each of these cannisters. The rebound adjustment dial is located on the top of each shock in the wheel well. The rear shock cannisters are mounted in the top of each rear wheel well and are accessible from inside the fuel cell compartment.

The factory paints the inside of the headlight lenses black. There are no headlights installed on the car, however, the wiring leads are right there and, I understand, you can order operational headlights for the car. There are no fog lights or related openings in the front fascia.

The X-brace over the engine is removable when necessary. The engine hood comes off in one piece.

The "puke tank" mounted near the front right side of the radiator is for engine oil flyby.

There are two large brake ducts, one on each side, sitting on top of the front splitter. They are routed into some really trick carbon fiber inlets that are custom shaped and affixed to your front wheel assemblies to make maximum use of the air flow going to the brakes.

The rear license plate area is used as an outflow vent for the tranny and diff coolers, both of which are located directly behind this vent. The inflow vent is directly behind the bottom portion of the Lexan rear window on top of the rear deck, underneath the rear wing.

I think the wierd looking safety net on the right side of the driver's seat is an additional restraint for the driver's body parts in the event of an Earnhardt type of impact on the right side of the car.

The red electrical terminal mounted to the right hand top side of the tranny tunnel is for the fire system. The fire system is electrically operated rather than using a mechanical system with cables.

I've spent some time underneath the car and I have found factory seals everywhere including the oil pan, tranny, diff, shocks, valve covers. Dodge is obviously serious about keeping everything on the car in factory stock configuration so that the VRL GTC class represents a truly spec-car class.

That's all for now.

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can you order a comp coupe painted? or do they all come unpainted?

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Drop Dead Georgeous.......!

I would like to have one on a trailer to a road race event.... DROOOL

simply amazing even in battle ship blue... love it

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dang those are a thing of beauty. Can't wait to see them at Mid Ohio!!!!!!!!

spdrcrj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Being a overall sports car fan and Corvette owner, I love the C5R. But the more I see this comp coupe, the more I love it too. I dont know who to root for. What an absolutly gorgeous car. Good luck racing this year.

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Unless they have changed their policy, you can only order the car in black, red, or white. With stripes, the factory paint option is approximately $7,000, depending on the color chosen.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is one of the most AMAZING cars I've ever seen! I heard there were some awesome pics here and there are! That car is AWESOME!!!!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

WOW! I didn't even know it wasn't painted yet! That car looks that fierce w/o painnt?!?!?

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One awesome machine!!! I can only imagine how much fun that will be!
Enjoy! :D

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats Frank. The car looks awesome.

I just received word today my Comp Coupe has begun the build process. They are now working on the frame and built-in lift system. I also gave them the go ahead on the pre delivery dyno break in on the engine. I'm looking forward to visiting CAAP and the CC Build facility.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: build time

jerry...you must have some great contacts at PVO. You are
# 33 and have been notified that yours is being built. others are ahead of you and have not been notified yet. Did you slip them some $$$$$$.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was the 20th or 21st approved with forms and funds in. I'm guessing they had the wrong number on my order. They moved my order # to the correct position according to my application acceptance date.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why can't DC produce this car for the street, whats slowing them down?????blows the SRT away

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235