Gave the Viper a Bath this Past Weekend

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper got a good layer of foam from the foamgun and good washing. Black gets dirty fast!
You must be registered for see images

Good weather in PA so I drove her all week and gonna need the same treatment this weekend.

A friend dropped off his Ford GT for a quick detailing. He was concerned about using the foam gun with soap and water so I washed it using Adam's Waterless Wash. The WW works really well to loosen up bug guts, dirt, grime, etc. The paint had a lot of buildup so I claybarred the whole thing using the WW as a lubricant.

Looks good from far:

When you got up close, it was nasty. Think this was old crappy tire shine:

Next I cleaned the wheels. They were filthy, but cleaned up easily using Adam's Green Wheel Cleaner, the Turbo Stick and a bucket of Adam's Car Shampoo. Once dry, we hit the rotors lightly with Scotch Brite to dress them up. Then we sealed the wheels with a coat of Adam's Brilliant Glaze.

Turbo Stick at work:

The white is good at hiding imperfections, but the blue really showed the swirl marks, so I polished the paint using the Porter Cable and Adam's Swirl&Haze Remover and Fine Machine Polish. I sealed the paint using 2 coats of Adam's Americana Premium Wax.

The glass was pretty foggy, so I cleaned it once with Adam's Glass Cleaner, then claybarred the glass using the GC as a lubricant. After clay, I cleaned the glass one more time before protecting it with Adam's Glass Sealant. I activated the Glass Sealant with the GC.

All the trim was treated with Adam's In&Out Spray and the tires were dressed with Adam's VRT.

The interior was vacuumed and cleaned with Adam's Leather and Interior Cleaner. The Ford GT doesn't have carpet, so the floors were cleaned with WW.

Finished product:

No more swirls:

Clean wheels (sorry for the blur):

We need to have a VCA detail Clinic @ Thompson Racing!

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang, I can't post in that forum! I'll have to put together a description of all the things I would cover as well as some pictures of previous clinics for you.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm game for this as well. Heck, AJ already has been "hands on" on my car at Carlisle. It'll be just like old times!:drive:

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still can't get that damn scratch behind the gas cap out

That one is too deep, or I would have removed it for you. I would definitely need a paint thickness gauge to work on it any more than I did. I wouldn't mess with it any more if I were you!

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you funny ... unless you sneak attacked me @ carlisle, you haven't touched it yet ... I let scott have all the fun there

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you funny ... unless you sneak attacked me @ carlisle, you haven't touched it yet ... I let scott have all the fun there

:rolaugh:

My bad! I thought you were my fellow Jarhead brutha'! Bring it to the clinic and let me have a go at it. :2tu:

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
AJ, I'm no Jarhead either! I was the FIRST black Viper you worked on; Carmen's was the second, and I believe HIS friend was your fellow Marine. Hey, it's all good!

Scott

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AJ, I'm no Jarhead either! I was the FIRST black Viper you worked on; Carmen's was the second, and I believe HIS friend was your fellow Marine. Hey, it's all good!

Scott

Aw hell, I remember you Scott! I'm just halfway old and senile at times! I get women mixed up half the time so you know men have absolutely no chance when I'm posting late! :rolaugh:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw this thread, I posted on the other one about the the deatil day....I will be there and the other jarhead is coming too:2tu:
Junkman, you should see my car now:(....track day at Pocono trashed the front, I will be needing your advice, hoping not to have to paint the whole nose:curse:

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw this thread, I posted on the other one about the the deatil day....I will be there and the other jarhead is coming too:2tu:
Junkman, you should see my car now:(....track day at Pocono trashed the front, I will be needing your advice, hoping not to have to paint the whole nose:curse:

You drove that car on the track??? I thought I was the only "wild and crazy guy" here! :rolaugh:

You come on down and bring that crazy jarhead with ya'! I'll see what I can do. We need to sit down and have us some dinner somewhere. I'll have to let you know when I get to town. :2tu: