Gen 1 roe numbers

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just retuned a customers car from the Chicago area and made some decent improvements...he added a pulley, that was the reason for the retune. The motor is stock with a 10# roe, Harland sharp rockers, Edelbrock headers, and water/****. I believe that is all of the mods, the owner can chime in to correct me if I am wrong. Anyway, it made 624 and 698 to the wheels. What kind of numbers are normal? I don't do a lot of gen 1's, but I thought this turned out very nice. My dyno reads about 20 low on 500, so anywhere else this could be in the 650 /725 range...that is moving into gen 2 numbers. I was just curious, but still happy with the reults.
I have another gen 1 in progress here that I would like to see put down 700 and 750 when it is finished...we will see ;)
Later,
Joe

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are definitely some of (if not the) highest Gen I Roe numbers I've ever heard. Especially considering the car has factory heads/cam.

Nice work, Joe.

Another amazing PBJ tuned car.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NICE...Now i am getting temped to SC mine.....I didn't realize i could get that much, but then again you are using a 10 LB. Pulley. I think that is pushing it a little bit....does anyone else agree with that?

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperJames
Your never pushing it till it goes SQUEEK<BOOM<CRUNCH>OS :curse: !!!!

Skeeter

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, I am excited to see those numbers!! Sorry I missed your call yesterday. Very anxious to see what that red Gen 1 is going to make when you are done working your magic.

martyb

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding records, there was once a DLM paxton car (gen 1) that was either just under or just over 800rwhp. Gear grabbin' gary I think was the owner. But that was a loooooong time ago.

PBJ's #'s rock!!!

JD

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Marty, are you going to get your car soon with a trailer?
Want to drop the gen 1 I just did off at Joe's?
Sure we can work out the $$$, and save me the trip.
Call me doucheedo.

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a setup in progress. I should know the dyno results in a week or two. I'll post the results. The basics of the setup are ROE SC with 6.5# pulley, 708 cam, Greg Good Heads, Edelbrock headers, and ROE 3" side exhaust. I think the biggest difference for my results over a stock Gen1 will be the heads. Greg's heads really rock. I'm anxious to see the results.

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an early Gen I (93) and I just recently installed the Roe blower w/ a 8# pulley and 1.7 roller rockers - No **** Kit - My best #'s so far have been 591 rwhp and 645 ft/lb torque

Before I installed the supercharger/roller rockers I had 68mm throttle bodies, 1 3/4" tnt headers, tnt 3" exhaust, and hi-flow cats - My best #'s then were 399 rwhp and 452 ft/lb torque

Didn't own the car when it was bone stock... so I have no clue of original stock #'s

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know there are some Gen I's in the upper 7xx rwhp, but those are with centrifugal blowers.

I'm still pretty sure that 624 rwhp is one of the highest Roe dyno numbers on a Gen I.