1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gen 1 shocks or coilovers?

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by RedEnuf93, Nov 19, 2006.

1. RedEnuf93

RedEnuf93 Enthusiast

Time to update the suspension. (Good winter project)

I am looking for Aldan's or what else is there ?????

Moton's are out of my price range, unfortunately.

How about the bushings, any recommendations? I intend to tear down the complete suspension.

2. Tom F&L GoR

Tom F&L GoR Enthusiast

3. RedEnuf93

RedEnuf93 Enthusiast

Hi Tom,

No, It's low already. I want to keep it as low as it is currently, but one of the shocks is shot, so it is a good time to do more.
    The Koni's are 13 years old...just like the car.

I thopught Aldan's would offer nice value for the money and possibility for adjustments? Just checking what else is out there?

4. Jeff Lemke

Jeff Lemke Enthusiast

How to you adjust stiffness on a stock shock?

Jeff

5. Tom F&L GoR

Tom F&L GoR Enthusiast

6. dansauto

dansauto Enthusiast

Laure, Let me know what you find. I am going to get new shock as well. I would like stiffer springs and found a couple places that would make them and retain stock height (I dont want it any lower or higher)

7. obaa996

obaa996 Enthusiast

I've been checking into getting new shocks as well (I started a thread a couple of weeks ago). I didn't get much of a response regarding the Aldan's, so I didn't really pursue them.
    Most of the replacement (Penske, Moton, etc.) are too much what I need ($4k++).
    Getting the stock Koni's rebuilt is ~$115/shock plus parts.
    They can rebuild the shock, add adjustable spring perches and make the rebound externally adjustable (no more disassembling the suspension to make an adjustment) for $350/shock, and add externally adjustable compressing damping for $385/shock. The resultant shock would be roughly equivalent to the 2812's that came with some ACR's.

8. tristan rizzi

tristan rizzi Enthusiast

I have a set of Gen 1 shocks off my 94 that I removed with 6000 miles on the car for sale if anyone wants em $175 plus shipping.

9. RedEnuf93

RedEnuf93 Enthusiast

Last try???

I have now Tristan's old 6K miles shocks that are my spares.

I am either using Tristan's Koni's with my Eibachs or does anyone have a recommendation/opinion regarding the ALDAN'S or the adjustable ones JonB is selling??? They are about $1000 without springs.

I am still serching bushings for A-arms, since they are 13 years old,any info what or where to buy?

Car will be mostly street driven, but with also some tracking...

Thanks

10. Bill B

Bill B Enthusiast

I just put the Aldans on my car. I'm still waiting on my scales so I can finish the set up but the first "seat of the pants" drives feel great. They are much smoother than the old (11 years) Konis. I'll let you know how I feel about them after I finish and get an alignment.