Gen 1 Viper in 8' x 18" trailer

sspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a Gen 1 will fit in a 8' x 18' enclosed trailer? I think the length is ok, just more concerned with the width.

Thanks,

SSpeed

MerlinsGarage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on the construction. Since it is 6" shy of the 102" max trailer it will be a little tight. At ~77" the Viper mathematically will fit but...........
To increase your odds of success it should have recessed (or very low) wheel wells so the doors can be opened and an escape door may be necessary. An option would be to have ramps attached to the floor of the trailer to get the car above the wheel wells. It will also aid in securing the vehicle since it is very low. Aluminum units are available but simple 2" X 12"s will do the trick.
For ingress the trailer should have a pronounced beavertail, 77" door w foldout (long entrance ramp). Run the tongue jack up as high a possible to get the ramps at an optimum angle.
Hope this helps...........best, Bret.

California Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a roll back trailer for your Viper !! Call Rob at760-409-2992 and I will text you a pic of mine in Michigan and it is for sale !!!

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've put my 04 in an 8.5' x 20' and have plenty of length to spare. The width is definitely close and I tend to "Dukes of Hazzard" it to get in and out of the car, but I've got a convertible, so that's a little easier to do. The wheel wells are the main kicker as most have said. If your trailer wheels are actually the same width as mine and just the walls are further inboard it fits with a few inches to spare on either side. If the wheels are narrower to match the overall trailer width being narrower then I don't think you'd fit between the inner wheel wells. Don't suppose you've got a measurement for that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prosperitymirra