Gen 2 GTS Interior Help and Fog Light Question

Finsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Working on my to do list for the holidays, which include spending some time and money restoring my car. I want to start off my vacation by replacing all of that stretched out elastic inside the cabin. But I'm weary about breaking some of that cheesy high quality plasitic Dodge interior. So do any of you guys any have any photos or advise regarding how remove our cargo nets from the roof and rear console? The attached parts catalog which seems helpful but it doesn't show me where to pry without breaking anything on pages 147 and 150.. Any advise you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm also interested in replacing my fog lamps, mine for some reason seem to have fogged over from the inside. Not sure how or why, but would like to replace them with something close to stock or even stock ones if someone is willing to part ways with theirs.

rschiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to do some of the same things. An interior center console is on my list.Will be watching your thread.Rick

VIPER PIT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To get the cargo pocket out from above the center glove box you have to remove the whole Center bulkhead piece. It also helps to remove the rear trim around the back window. That way you don't damage them when you pull out the center bulkhead. Once you get the back window trims out and the center bulkhead you can remove the headliner and get to the one in the roof. You just have to use a lot of patience when dealing with these trim pieces. The corners tend to break very easily and the finish material can snag.

OP
OP
F

Finsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Viper Pit, look like it will take a little longer than I thought. No big deal though. Do you know if the headliner can be removed through the door or can it only be removed from the back.

OP
OP
F

Finsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cargo nets will be restored using the original webbing. Fog Light wise TBD. Once I have them off and out I'll see what I can do.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will also be advised to remove both seats. The cargo netting is stitched around a metal frame which has 4 small tabs on it, the tabs fit through the fibre bulkhead pocket and are held in place by 4 sprung steel rectangular washers.

When you pull the rear bulkhead forward you will notice there is a wire going to the Alarm reset key barrel in top of the Glove box, there is a thin plastic tab you can pry out to release the wire from the Key barrel, Don't loose it! (this is for Later Gen II models only).

I have not ever removed the headliner so can't comment on that procedure.

All I did with my elasticated mesh was re-stretch it around that wire frame to take up the slack and then put everything back.

Take your time, theres lots of stuff to remove to get to the part :)

This is the Part numbers for those parts and prices from 2007!
Overhead storage [net] #PB58DX9 MSRP $159.00
Bulkhead storage bin #4874859 MSRP $205.00

Theres a full write up with pictures on the "other" site which is free to read :)

Last edited:

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted a junk console to cut out a section for my elbow and save the original. EBAY and elsewhere black and gray ones were $450. Yellow or blue ones were $150. Bought a yellow one and was going to paint it. Turns out the yellow Color is a glued on vinyl layer that comes off easy. A little thumb rubbing and all the glue reside comes off, too. It was black underneath with the same pebble texture as my good one. The boots were great. Only downside is the edge of the opening around the brake handle was shaved to make room for the yellow skin. A little Sharpie touch up and it'll be unnoticeable. Cheap alternative, until the used parts guys find out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4