Gen 2 Hard Top Latch Drawings?

STL RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

So I had one of those exciting moments, driving down the highway when my right front top latch decided it didn't want to cooperate any longer. Thankfully, my wife was in the passenger seat and grabbed the top to hold it down. We were close to home, so everything was fine. Now I removed the latch assemblies and they seem pretty elementary. It appears that the nut on the top side of the assembly just came loose. With the additional play, the rotating portion passed its hard stop and back to an unlocked position. I think a little red loc-tite on the nut in the proper location on the stud should do, but I also have one small spring that I found laying loose near each latch (see below). At first it looked like they were broken, but now i'm not sure. Does anyone have a drawing of what the complete asembly should look like or know about this spring placement / correct latch operation? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Matt

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
S

STL RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I have answered my own question. The spring fits into a hole in the top of the moving latch arm. It locks into one of two detents on the fixed portion when the movable portion is placed into one of those two positions. A couple of new springs and an adjustment should have me taken care of.

Matt

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62