Gen 2 owners with cooling issues step inside...this may help you.

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I was on my way home, from A great weekend at Chrysler at Carlisle show. I had just gotten off the highway about 10 miles from home. While at a stop light I notice the A/C not as cold as it had been. So i start looking at gauges and notice the coolant temp up higher than I've ever seen it . So now I start to worry a bit. Traffic starts to move slowly below 40 mph. The temp isn't coming down it's going up and the high temp light comes on. Now It's full on freak out time. I pull into a store parking lot to look for the issue. Pop the hood, no boil over ( that's good ) , belt is on..........wait a minute cooling fan isn't running. Time to start checking fuses and relays. Cooling fan fuse is good. Time to start swapping relays around. Swap the starter relay with the fan high / low speed cooling fan relay.........still no fan. Swap them back and the swap the starter relay with the cooling fan on/ off relay.......still no cooling fan but now the car won't start. Swap them back and notice this where the cooling fan on/off relay plugs in.

You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Darren, looks like I sold you that car just in time!! What a relief. :) JK

BTW, gettin' closer to my next toy........................................?

OP
OP
CSXT802

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I got the car home. Talked with Chuck Tator this morning, he confirmed that the thing to do would be rewire / relocate the relay. So that's what I did. Here are some pics of what I did.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
CSXT802

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
CSXT802

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
CSXT802

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
CSXT802

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Pics, I too have had this issue, the red plastic terminal holder on my car looked exactly the same as yours. I used a needle file to clean the terminals to remove the carbon from the arcing, replaced the relay and now carry a spare relay. The rewire might be the next step if I get any more issues ;)

Thanks for posting the photos, its things like this that make this website a great place to be :2tu:

OP
OP
CSXT802

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Pics, I too have had this issue, the red plastic terminal holder on my car looked exactly the same as yours. I used a needle file to clean the terminals to remove the carbon from the arcing, replaced the relay and now carry a spare relay. The rewire might be the next step if I get any more issues ;)

Thanks for posting the photos, its things like this that make this website a great place to be :2tu:

Thanks for the comments. I figured the pics might help some one who was thinking about doing this. I'm hoping with the relay down by the PCM it will stay cooler and last longer. It's a replacement relay from napa . The blades on the stock one were loose from the heat melting the plastic on the relay.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave