1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gen 2 rear ball joint replacement.

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by AviP, Dec 16, 2018.

1. AviP

AviP Viper Owner

I'm looking at replacing the old rear ball joints (both upper and lower) without having to purchase the control arms. I tried RockAuto and came up blank. Any options that do not involve Viper tax? I searched the forum but did not find a conclusive answer. I'm hoping someone has done this since the cars are averaging 20 years old now.

2. MoparMap

MoparMap VCA National President

I've heard of Howe racing as an option, but I can't remember if that covered earlier gens or not. They seem to have just about any size joint you want. One thing I have considered for when I finally have to do this job is they sell a set of rebuildable joints where the socket can stay installed and you just pull the stud and rebuild it with a new insert or something like that. Dodge doesn't recommend replacing the joints since they are pressed into aluminum arms (at least that's what I've heard), so getting a rebuildable joint where you don't have to press them in and out helps get around that issue at least.

3. AviP

AviP Viper Owner