Gen 4 Stock Headers Worth

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am about to get my headers put on and was wondering about the stock headers. I know when I did my 99 GTS i just threw the stock headers away. I thought I remeber reading some guys upgrading to the stock gen4 headers. Is this correct?

Thanks

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your factory headers only fit the Gen IV's. Gen III guys buy the cat back exhaust (Gen IV) as it is a direct fit and eliminates the crossover pipes. I'd keep them, never know if you want to go back to sell and/or sell your viper. Good luck, Mike

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gen III owners upgrading to Gen IV heads (via the Mopar Performance Upgrade kit for example) would likely be interested. I could be mistaken, but I don't believe the Gen IV manifolds fit a Gen III head.

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Keep the stock exhaust headers....the aftermarket ones won't pass smog in many/most states.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I NEVER throw away original parts........ unless they are consumables like brake pads....... I wish the original owner of my 1969 Mach 1 had not thrown away the original heat riser for the air cleaner...they are a bear to find now!

Reaction score
When the Gen 3 upgrade kit came out, the stock Gen 4 manifolds were almost $2000 for the pair. We worked with Mopar to lower the price for those that wanted something other than headers and now those same manifolds can be found for under $850 for the pair, brand new in the box.

In other words, you are probably better off keeping them for now.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen them up for sale between 150 and 250 all over the place. Used

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth