Gen 5 Carbon Fiber Accesories Status

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the carbon fiber accessories to become available. I want the side vents and the rear panel at first, maybe the x-brace too. Still haven't gotten any updates from my local dealer so can we get an update from SRT or someone about the pricing and availability of these parts?

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't help with price or when you can get them but at least here is a couple pictures

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
It is out of SRT's hands and up to Mopar now. There are parts obviously allocated to the production line, but as of yet Mopar will not respond to when they will be available for sale. Just like the PCM we have to wait till Mopar decides they are going to release stuff. Even after repeatedly requesting they do before the knock off vendors start selling the stuff. I call/email him weekly and still have no clue as to when... If we all call the Mopar hot-line etc. asking for these things in mass then maybe they will think it is more then just a little dealer wanting the parts???

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Following history, I would imagine it will be a bit before these parts are available, as they have barely been out for the cars at the Plant. Also with the TAs being done, there will be quite a few cars with the Aero Package being done, so that option may be delayed a bit. Parts usually will come out after they have determined there are sufficient supplies for cars being built and there will not be a shortage caused by extensive parts orders. Keep in mind it is likely to be quite expensive since it is not put on at the Plant ---- just like any option on any vehicle, much less expensive to order when built than to apply after the fact.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Following history, I would imagine it will be a bit before these parts are available, as they have barely been out for the cars at the Plant. Also with the TAs being done, there will be quite a few cars with the Aero Package being done, so that option may be delayed a bit. Parts usually will come out after they have determined there are sufficient supplies for cars being built and there will not be a shortage caused by extensive parts orders. Keep in mind it is likely to be quite expensive since it is not put on at the Plant ---- just like any option on any vehicle, much less expensive to order when built than to apply after the fact.

I don't want to pile on, but does Chrysler just not care about the success or failure of the Viper? I mean, they can't even get aftermarket body parts available to buyers.

It has gone from people willing to accept growing pains of launching the Viper again to apparent apathy from Chrysler.

I'd love for my business to grow where I could turn down customers wanting to give me money, for products that are already being produced.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the carbon fiber accessories to become available. I want the side vents and the rear panel at first, maybe the x-brace too. Still haven't gotten any updates from my local dealer so can we get an update from SRT or someone about the pricing and availability of these parts?

To answer your question, forum member JETSTAR has cranked out a carbon fiber wing himself due to waiting too long (he produces aftermarket parts)

At this point, that is your best bet.

Reaction score
I don't want to pile on, but does Chrysler just not care about the success or failure of the Viper? I mean, they can't even get aftermarket body parts available to buyers.

It has gone from people willing to accept growing pains of launching the Viper again to apparent apathy from Chrysler.

I'd love for my business to grow where I could turn down customers wanting to give me money, for products that are already being produced.

Like Bill mentioned, the parts production I bet is very slow process because of what they are and the volume they are produced at. The release of the parts to the public is solely a MOPAR thing and has nothing to do with SRT or Chrysler, Mopar is on it's own with the parts business... SRT would like to see a LOT of things done for the Viper community, but they are not the group that releases them, the same can be said for Arrow and their efforts, they are not in control of them...

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A member here will be making identical copies in carbon, for about half the price. Mopar fails again. These items were unveiled at SEMA, almost a year ago. Yet, we have nothing available.

Reaction score
A member here will be making identical copies in carbon, for about half the price. Mopar fails again. These items were unveiled at SEMA, almost a year ago. Yet, we have nothing available.

This has also been relayed to the main guys at Mopar, months ago, I even included a thread to prove the point. You and I both know there will be a huge quality difference even at 1/2 the price though and I personally would want only the best for my new Viper... if I could afford one anyway :-(

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like Bill mentioned, the parts production I bet is very slow process because of what they are and the volume they are produced at. The release of the parts to the public is solely a MOPAR thing and has nothing to do with SRT or Chrysler, Mopar is on it's own with the parts business... SRT would like to see a LOT of things done for the Viper community, but they are not the group that releases them, the same can be said for Arrow and their efforts, they are not in control of them...

To be fair, they slashed production figures, so by that logic Mopar should have had their forecasts cut as well - thus freeing up production.

I'd bet these are very high margin items, it is insane that they aren't being produced for sale. Yeah, there are only 500 cars sold out there, but I bet there is a decent number of folk who would jump on it.

if SRT can't get MOPAR to produce the parts in a timely manner, they should look into sourcing elsewhere. It is preposterous we can't even get aftermarket body parts for the car. It is like people aren't even trying.

As a Gen V owner, it is all getting terribly frustrating.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is not a new problem, nor is it just based on the Viper, it is simply a supply/demand issue and has been a concern since 92. A business is not real excited to go produce 200 of a product when they can make 20,000 for someone else. For some reason logic has gone out the window over the past few years, as Viper buyers in years past understood that there were parameters for businesses to determine a market before folks went full bore building a product that would have a very limited customer base. We have 11 Franchises and I can unequivicably state that SRT listens better than any other , but many seem to expect products to flourish almost the minute the vehicle comes out. Regardless of whether the machine is built in tiny number or large quantities, it is often well over a year before high quality accessories/mods start to appear. This issue with some carbon fiber parts , realizing they were virtually unavailable on 2013 ( only a smattering of cars got any of the option kits ) and are only now coming out for the 2014 , means it is not quite sensible to expect said parts to pop up immediately for aftermarket sales. Imagine the furor if parts are sold through MoPar and then demand is higher than expected and sold orders suffer ------ build demand and a stable supplier inventory has to be established prior to any manufacturer releasing extras to parts.

Just a common sense business model and we are as frustrated as many others, though we have to stop and understand, as we have done an immense amount of aftermarket upgrades over the past 20 years,and patience is difficult , but it has always been the norm for quality and for the market to establish itself. We know a bunch of companies that no longer are in the Viper business or only dabble now due to the limited nature it has always sold in, and it is no different for Corporate. With a package at $5100 , how many takers would there be at say $7500, plus installation? This is a decision that has to be made on any company's level, and guess who gets the ax if they think one should build 100 sets and there are 10 takers. At present the situation is just getting ramped up to sustainable levels for Plant Production and excess is not likely on their immediate radar one would imagine.

Sorry for being windy, but we all want things now, but sometimes we do not take time to look at the overall picture or even respect the difficulties shown from the past with a handbuilt, low production vehicle.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nice idea, but as a Franchised Dealer it would be highly frowned upon and would like infringe upon copyright laws with Corporate to do that. Rumors are that Chrysler is going to be much more vigilant in protecting it's intellectual and engineering property in the future, and not a smart road to go down in my personal estimation. If we come up with something quite different , that is another matter, and a good instance ( though small ) is the tow hook already designed by Mark Jorgensen and crew.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

I realize the economies of scale and all of that. The reality is they are producing the parts for the vehicles already, so they already have realized the sunk cost of R&D. I just can't comprehend why they aren't fulfilling desires of customers. Yes, it is a much smaller market than Corvette (Which is why you see RSI TT kits at $40,000 not a meager $10,000 like other brands), but it seems like they simply don't care.

Best,
Harold

OP
OP
P

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think SRT is capable of doing "manufacturing on demand" for these parts. They're already equipped to produce them. Even if they drag their feet and take 2-4 weeks to fill each order, that's better than waiting and not knowing when they parts will be available.

Space Truckin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is not a new problem, nor is it just based on the Viper, it is simply a supply/demand issue and has been a concern since 92. A business is not real excited to go produce 200 of a product when they can make 20,000 for someone else. For some reason logic has gone out the window over the past few years, as Viper buyers in years past understood that there were parameters for businesses to determine a market before folks went full bore building a product that would have a very limited customer base. We have 11 Franchises and I can unequivicably state that SRT listens better than any other , but many seem to expect products to flourish almost the minute the vehicle comes out. Regardless of whether the machine is built in tiny number or large quantities, it is often well over a year before high quality accessories/mods start to appear. This issue with some carbon fiber parts , realizing they were virtually unavailable on 2013 ( only a smattering of cars got any of the option kits ) and are only now coming out for the 2014 , means it is not quite sensible to expect said parts to pop up immediately for aftermarket sales. Imagine the furor if parts are sold through MoPar and then demand is higher than expected and sold orders suffer ------ build demand and a stable supplier inventory has to be established prior to any manufacturer releasing extras to parts.

Just a common sense business model and we are as frustrated as many others, though we have to stop and understand, as we have done an immense amount of aftermarket upgrades over the past 20 years,and patience is difficult , but it has always been the norm for quality and for the market to establish itself. We know a bunch of companies that no longer are in the Viper business or only dabble now due to the limited nature it has always sold in, and it is no different for Corporate. With a package at $5100 , how many takers would there be at say $7500, plus installation? This is a decision that has to be made on any company's level, and guess who gets the ax if they think one should build 100 sets and there are 10 takers. At present the situation is just getting ramped up to sustainable levels for Plant Production and excess is not likely on their immediate radar one would imagine.

Sorry for being windy, but we all want things now, but sometimes we do not take time to look at the overall picture or even respect the difficulties shown from the past with a handbuilt, low production vehicle.

Well said, I myself want nothing but factory "goodies" on my Gen V :2tu:

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, but if a company chooses to show them at SEMA they should have enough follow through to be able to deliver a year later. As was stated, SRT just cut production, they must be able to figure out a way to offer these parts in the aftermarket. Low volume is not an excuse in my opinion.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, but if a company chooses to show them at SEMA they should have enough follow through to be able to deliver a year later. As was stated, SRT just cut production, they must be able to figure out a way to offer these parts in the aftermarket. Low volume is not an excuse in my opinion.
If it were a part someone dreamed up - yeah I can see that "it is a low demand item, hard to justify the cost"

But they already have the sunk costs of manufacturing them. The first was the most expensive one. You'd think they would be making them like crazy to recoupe cost.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it were a part someone dreamed up - yeah I can see that "it is a low demand item, hard to justify the cost"

But they already have the sunk costs of manufacturing them. The first was the most expensive one. You'd think they would be making them like crazy to recoupe cost.

Bulls eye, Harold. Hey I still love SRT and my Viper, but man it's so easy to mod the Camaro. It's nearly impossible to do anything at all to this fine snake.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MOPAR on NOCAR.

Seriously annoyed by Chrysler and MOPAR as of late.

Space Truckin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You have fun spending a good $15,000 for some carbon fiber cosmetics, because that is probably what all three carbon packages will end up costing. Exterior, Aero, and Interior.

Wow, why the HOSTILITY???????? Need a HUG? After this I CERTAINLY WILL NOT BE SPENDING ANY OF MY HARD EARNED MONIES ON "GOODIES" FROM DV8 MOTORING.

Last edited:

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$5,100 for the exterior CF
$4,800 for the aero CF
$3,400 for the interior CF
$3,200? for the CF x brace (I can't recall what it was supposed to cost)

$16,500

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, why the HOSTILITY???????? Need a HUG?

No hostility, I'm pretty laid back. Just making a statement that $15,000 for appearance parts is absurd. Carbon fiber isn't some new technology, and aftermarket companies make parts just as nice for much less. I'd be okay spending $5000 on the set, realistically.

Space Truckin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No hostility, I'm pretty laid back. Just making a statement that $15,000 for appearance parts is absurd. Carbon fiber isn't some new technology, and aftermarket companies make parts just as nice for much less. I'd be okay spending $5000 on the set, realistically.

Never ASSUME anything, I did not say I would purchase all the carbon fiber packages.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm stuck waiting for the factory carbon aero, because they've done the wind tunnel testing and have verified strength at the track. The problem is that the guys that I track against have aero. In three weeks, I'll be tracking my Viper for 3 days with the Porsche Club of America. The Viper will do pretty well against most of them, but the guys running the big wings will have the advantage. The carbon aero would give me some ammo, but I'll just have to beat them bone-stock :D

Space Truckin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
@ ACRucrazy

You have fun spending a good $15,000 for some carbon fiber cosmetics, because that is probably what all three carbon packages will end up costing. Exterior, Aero, and Interior.

What part did I misread ????????????

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235