Gen I Windshields

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone now of a source for original, unused GEN I windshields? I've already contacted JonB and his source only seems to have used ones that they want to take out of a junker. I'd rather avoid that if possible as I can't imagine they can be removed without at least some (possibly invisible) damage.

Also, if you have to order one of these in the future, be extra careful about what you're getting. I ordered a new one weeks ago and only found out today, after removing my old windshield, that the new one is for a GEN II and is about 2 inches too tall. The part number for GEN I windshields should be DW1177. I just wish I'd checked it before pulling the old one. I'm now Viperless probably for the next week or more. :(

--Rob

Heysie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was also in need of a new windshield. I've made an appointment with a carglass dealer. They removed the old one and then found out that the new one was for a GENII. Luckily there was a GEN I windshield in a big auto parts store...here in the Netherlands. And yes, it was new.

So good luck.

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any good glass installing outfit should be able to order them for you. Only thing is (it happenned with mine), they may have to order two or three at a time (at around $600 each). The only limitation in availability is that they don't make one without the antenna in it (for the '92-'93 cars).

Good luck!
Paul