Gen IV bolt on's questions

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) I see the K&N Typhoon intake and dual air filters on the K&N site. Is this the setup people are using in combination with Belangers for the oft-quoted gains? I recall seeing an intake setup at the track that included a flat piece of carbon fiber that acted as a deflector for radiator heat. Nothing else is listed, however.

You must be registered for see images attach

2) What are people using for an oil catch can? I have perused the usual suspect's websites (Roe, PBJ/JMB, JonB's) and only find prior Gen's at most.

Thanks in advance...

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Get ahold of Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse Motorsports, and he can tell you what works ( heck he has done every conceivable option available to man on his 2008,ha ) . We saw 503 performance machines through the shop last year, and most were Vipers.

Mark Jorgensen 800-889-1893
cell 402-677-5864
[email protected]

Just don't ask to see pictures of his car, as I believe we are talking 4Gs of photos, hehe!

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rercently installed this K&N CAI, and this week also did the Belanger headers. Next week I'll go on the Dyno to compare before and after numbers.
Regardless of the power improvement, I know the K&N makes a much greater visual impact on people when I now open the hood.
I ordered for our local group and got one extra CAI left. If someone is interested, I'll make a good deal. It comes with the rain socks as shown in the Pic.
You must be registered for see images attach

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) I see the K&N Typhoon intake and dual air filters on the K&N site. Is this the setup people are using in combination with Belangers for the oft-quoted gains? I recall seeing an intake setup at the track that included a flat piece of carbon fiber that acted as a deflector for radiator heat. Nothing else is listed, however

Folks replace the dodge filter with a k&n filter, not this intake. Early on a Mazda RX-8 k&n filter was used but I think K&N has a specific gen IV available now. ($50.00? Dan at DC told me he always installs them w/belangers).

Search out the thread(s) on the K&N Typhoon, I think you'll see some doubts on performance. As for looks, see one in person. To me the red tubes don't match the color of the valve covers and look very cheap.

The carbon fiber panel is from Arrow (viper engine rebuilder). I think there about $500, seals the underside to get more fresh air to the intake, looks good in person, have to remove if you want to install/remove front tow hook. Here's a link to Arrow, ARROW RACING ENGINES, LLC

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62