Gen IV cam specs

RSNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I apologize if this is covered elsewhere. I did a quick search but didn't see it.

I posted this question in the SRT-10 section and got no replies.

What are the Gen IV cam specifications in both the idle position and in the wide open throttle max horsepower position?

How do those specifications compare to the specs of a early Gen II (pre-creampuff) Viper?

What are the rocker ratios for both as well?

Nyoka

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I apologize if this is covered elsewhere. I did a quick search but didn't see it.

I posted this question in the SRT-10 section and got no replies.

What are the Gen IV cam specifications in both the idle position and in the wide open throttle max horsepower position?

How do those specifications compare to the specs of a early Gen II (pre-creampuff) Viper?

What are the rocker ratios for both as well?
You've probably seen these "published" (lift only) specs, from the internal SRT team presentation, but I offer them here in the event you haven't. I have the same question you do: why no cam specs? I understand the secrecy in a factory race team context but any competitor can reverse engineer the stock cam so I don't know why duration and overlap, etc. are no-go subjects. They claim the additional exhaust overlap is 40 degrees after ~3,600 RPM with the VVT cam-in-cam setup but no total duration or overlap specs have been made available, to the best of my knowledge.

Assembled steel articulating camshaft to allow controlled phasing of the
exhaust valve event.
• 14.4mm intake valve lift and 13.6mm exhaust valve lift
• Nitride heat treated behive ovate CrSiV wire springs for strength and high speed capability
• 6400 rpm capable valvetrain
• Fully machined hollow stem intake valves for high speed operation.
• 52.8mm intake valve head diameter
• 40.5mm exhaust valve head diameter,
• Investment cast steel low inertia rocker arms arranged to allow pushrods to clear ports (offset exhaust)
• Smaller diameter, lighter (28gm) hydraulic Lifter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss