Gen V 1/4 mile times by owners...

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Gen V owners taking their cars to the track to see what they can do? The C7s been on the street a few weeks and there are dozens of passes out there already.... time to race, no more show n shine!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They sold more C7's in one day than total amount of Gen V's sold....ever.

Not surprised more people are showing up to the track in their mass-produced $60K commuter sportscars.

That being said, I have a private drag strip rental scheduled Nov 3rd. This is how Viper owners do it. :)

jdg1428

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That being said, I have a private drag strip rental scheduled Nov 3rd. This is how Viper owners do it. :)

Wish I lived in Texas, I would love to watch. Dont own a Viper but do own a dragcar.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not surprised more people are showing up to the track in their mass-produced $60K commuter sportscars.

Be sure to shoot lots of good video....

OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looking forward to the results since we know you can drive... :)

some of these C7's are $75k, I bet you can get into a new Viper for not much more before long.... I got a $15k discount on my new 2008 ACR when sales were slow....

I'm setting up another rental soon as the weather starts to cool down here, hope to get a Viper out there, RAY??

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already bought and mounted up a set of Nitto NT05-R drag radials on my factory Track Pack wheels. I don't want to waste a perfectly good track rental, with traction issues. :)

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looking forward to the results since we know you can drive... :)

some of these C7's are $75k, I bet you can get into a new Viper for not much more before long.... I got a $15k discount on my new 2008 ACR when sales were slow....

I'm setting up another rental soon as the weather starts to cool down here, hope to get a Viper out there, RAY??

There are a couple already at $15k off...and they aren't moving.

I already bought and mounted up a set of Nitto NT05-R drag radials on my factory Track Pack wheels. I don't want to waste a perfectly good track rental, with traction issues. :)

Good deal! 5000rpm launch ;)

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That tire is too tall. The 18" hoosiers are a better choice. You are in for a long day.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jack,

I don't mean to come up against you on something as you are way ahead of the curve...but i dont think that the Nitto tire Nine Ball mentions is any larger in rollout then the factory tire. I actually have a pair of those coming myself as my stock rear tires are useless now with all the added torque.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nine Ball ,try to bring your friend with the 911 Turbo S with you to the track and run him.I do warn you, Never ever give a Turbo S a jump, you will never catch it....

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Nitto's are 27"+ and the hoosiers are 26"-. The hoosiers wll fit on Gen2 wheels with spacers. The Nittos magnify the bog and they don't allow you to use much of 4th gear. BTW, the rear pirreli's are 1/2" shorter than specs.

It will not be as bad in your case, you will have a higher trap speed, therefore, you will use more of fourth gear. The nitrous may also solve the bog. The bog comes AFTER the car gets traction. You may want to think about a progressive spray.

Hi Jack,

I don't mean to come up against you on something as you are way ahead of the curve...but i dont think that the Nitto tire Nine Ball mentions is any larger in rollout then the factory tire. I actually have a pair of those coming myself as my stock rear tires are useless now with all the added torque.

Last edited:

Derek Short

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are a couple already at $15k off...and they aren't moving.

this is true. im eyeing a gen 5, a few of them actually and just waiting for the dealers to start giving them away.... seeing a lot of dealers giving out 10-15k discounts on 13's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave