Gen V crash at drag strip...

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea hope he's OK. Must've been a cold track day, look at the truck operator bundled up.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hate to see this. Was really looking forward to seeing how the car did on spray. Hope he is okay.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my G5 out yesterday with the temps at 40F and there was no traction anywhere/any gear. The Corsa's are a great warm weather tire, but I noticed that the difference from 80F to 50F was like being on a different tire. We know that temperature affects traction, however, these tires exacerbate that difference. Tom is one of the best drivers we have in the racing community, he does not typically make mistakes, hope he is OK.

Last edited:

Getnlwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. I hope he's okay. Curious what happened...

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crashing one of these cars really ruins your day... Crazy stuff can happen so fast that you don't know what happened until you look at video footage. Several years ago, I was doing a full-throttle run up in third gear, the outside tires went over what felt like a tiny dip in the road right as I went through about 5000 RPM, and the car snapped sideways in a millisecond. I saved it, but I was shaking so hard that I quit for the day and drove it home like a granny.

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell me that wasn't Tom's new V....

edit: Looks like it was.... Good luck, Tom. Sure sorry to see that.

Last edited:

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom is a really cool person, I met him a couple times. Very is a experienced jet pilot and serious viper drag racer. Cars are Cars,they can be replaced, I hope Tom is ok.Does anyone know him/family personally or at the Atlanta Speedway so we can find out how he is and is help is needed ???